We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shengzhen

Singapore
4 posts
Save Topic
Shengzhen

Hi all,

Can anybody advise me the easiest way to Shengzhen from Hong Kong? Which is the best hotel in ShengZhen (4-5 star and nearby shopping areas)? Thanks.

Regards,

SN95

(Going HK and SZ in early Dec)

Singapore
Level Contributor
99 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shengzhen

Hi SN95

Read the post "HK airport to Huang Guan port (Shenzhen).

Taipo gave very good advice.

Los Angels, CA
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Shengzhen

The easiest way is the train from Hong Kong - on the KTR (not the MTR) - You must have a visa - but the trains run every 5-10 minutes - pretty easy.

Tin
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
6,584 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Shengzhen

The trains to Shenzhen from Hong Kong are KCR (Kowloon Canton Railway). Singapore passport holders have visa free visits to mainland China up to 15 days.

Singapore
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Shengzhen

Hi all,

Thanks for the adivce on the transportation. How about the hotel in ShengZhen? Any recommendation?

Thanks and regards,

SN95

Xiamen, China
Level Contributor
2,051 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shengzhen

Overnight in Shenzhen? not recomended, it is so close to HK, since Singaporen don't need a visa, you can easily do it as a day trip.

The main shopping area is Dongmun (there is a Hilton), it is so crazy and chaotic even at day time, everything are cheap but poor quality. Someone at this forum said you might buy lots of stuff there but they all end up at trash 2 weeks later. I certainly agree with that.

Australia
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Shengzhen

Hi

I stayed in Shenzhen a couple of months ago at the Sunshine Hotel and I can highly recommend it. It's opposite the Hilton in a main shopping area and about 10 minutes from the border. The food was great, service great and the room spacious and clean. The also have "limousines" that will pick you up and drop you off around town for free. You can get great rates for this hotel on many internet sites. I am staying there again in 2 weeks and paying only about US$86 night plus taxes. Most tourists shop in Commercial City which is right at the border. Mostly fake brand name products (some really good quality!) but good fun if you can stand the constant attention. Haggle and smile lots! Enjoy.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
23,011 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shengzhen

>> you might buy lots of stuff there but they all end up at trash 2 weeks later

No no :) YOu should EXPECT to trash all your stuff puchased there 2 weeks later, and then you will never be disappointed. There are a few items I have that is still good after serveral years.

Singapore
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Shengzhen

Hi pico508, layne44, Tin, Taipo babe, gandl and bibimbob,

Thanks for your advise.

Regards,

SN95

Ten
Brisbane
Level Contributor
279 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shengzhen

I know someone that visit shenzhen nearly 3 times a year and buys heaps of shoes and bags etc..

Most of her stuff lasts about a year. Of course you have to look for the better quality stuff but it is not all going to break after 2 weeks.

I buy $100 shoes in Australia all the time and I have to take them to the shoe repair guy after 2 months to get things fixed.

Singapore
11 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Shengzhen

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa