We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do you get to Tianluo TuLou?

Which Xiamen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nishinomiya, Japan
Level Contributor
2 posts
384 reviews
Save Topic
How do you get to Tianluo TuLou?

We are hoping for an one day, all day, trip to TianLuo from Xiamen.

Is there a tour group? or is private car the only way?

Regardless, does anybody here recommend a tour guide or a private driver?

Xiamen, China
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: How do you get to Tianluo TuLou?

Anyone can use tuan gou, but the thing is the payment, I think you need a China account or a Chinese people to buy it for you. for example, if you are interested in any of the group, you let some Chinese like me know, I can buy it for you first, and I will receive a number combination to prove my payment, acturally until this point, there is no actual transction happening, until you finally join the group, show them you number combination, then the transction is over.

noisyplanet
Level Contributor
67 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: How do you get to Tianluo TuLou?

Hi Brenda

Care to share your experience as I am planning to visit this November? Any good recommendation for agency or options to visit tulou that is not so costly? Thanks.

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: How do you get to Tianluo TuLou?

Hi Brenda we are going Xiamen on 28 Nov 14 and would like to visit Tulou. Can you tell me more e.g. how to get the transport to go, accommodation, place to visit and food to try. My email yvonnetay21@hotmail.com

Thanks

Singapore
Level Contributor
70 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: How do you get to Tianluo TuLou?

Hi All..

Sorry was real busy with work that i forgot to come back and share on the Tulou Tour i took..

Okay, initially I contacted amazing fujian tulou agency and they quoted me the price as mentioned previously, however when I wanted to confirm no one replied.. so I took the bet and decide to try my luck when I arrive..

My hotel Millennium Harbourfront arranged the day tour to king tulou for RMB180 which includes lunch. They pick up from many hotels and depart about 7am+ and return at night..in the tour 90% are chinese inland travellers, am the only solo from singapore and there was a group of taiwanese students...I believee you can book this day tour from any hotel tour desk, when arriving at the tulou they split into smaller groups as some went to other Tulous..

My reviews on the day tour, if money isnt the concern and you are not doing solo for safety reasons, do a private car charter. Unless you really want to experience the chinese culture (no offence) being herded in a bus full of people speaking in dialects, someone behind me opened the window and spit out, lunch was bland and simple village dishes which I barely ate even though am hungry, bus condition was poor not maintain and dirty...

To be fair, the guide was informative did some sharing on the bus on the way to tulou, and upon arrival a local guide will takeover and they bring you on foot to various Tulou, commentary in chinese was good and informative. Thereafter, you are given free time to roam around and then meet back at the bus.

Overall, tour content and tulou was great, just the cultural difference of tour mates, lunch and bus condition..I will not do it again, but what to expect for this cheap price RMB 180.. i would recommend to do private car charter from your hotel tour desk or the highly recommended Apple Travel.

Hope the above helps!

Singapore
Level Contributor
70 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: How do you get to Tianluo TuLou?

Hi Happy,

Realize I didnt fully answered all your questions..my trip was an extension from my seminar, hence only had a few days in xiamen...

Stayed: Millennium Harbourview Hotel, very good location at Zhongshan Road, most tourist if possible will stay near zhongshan road buts its quite expensive

Visited: 1 day Gulangyu, 1 day Tulou tour, 1 day zhongshan road shopping

You can easily walk to the ferry terminal if you stay near zhongshan road and take the ferry to gulangyu.. worth going..

There are many other attractions however I didnt have time to visit

Food: Many great food at Gulangyu and Zhongshan road...there is a taiwan street that sells street food, small back alley seafood stores, high end steamboat or western food in shopping malls and the usual fast food chains..most of my dinners are at zhongshan road..

Weather: Very hot and humid when I visited in sept, was wearing T-shirt and shorts and am sweating badly..please wear something light..

Research: I went to our local libray and borrowed travel books on Xiamen and Gulangyu..

Hope the above helps!

Xiamen, China
7 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: How do you get to Tianluo TuLou?

This is Jesse from Tuloumei Inn in Tianluokeng Tulou cluster,also is English driver to guide you freely.

Welcome to join our one-day or two-day tulou trip happily.

We have hotels in Tianluokeng Tulou.

Any question,pls let us know or visit our web page at www.52tulou.com or www.tuloumei.com

Or send email to tara83@163.com

17. Re: How do you get to Tianluo TuLou?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, November 29, 2015