We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visit to Xiamen

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
43 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Visit to Xiamen

Hi everyone,

What would be the most economical and fastest way to get to a downtown hotel from Xiamen international airport?

Is China SIM card on sale at the airport? Thanks

SINGAPORE
Level Contributor
273 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visit to Xiamen

take the airport rapid bus downtown (ji chang kwai che) fr shuttle buses outside airport.

There are regular departures but somets have to wait for bus to fillup a bit bef they leave and stop near harbor pier and i think costs 50yuan, abt 1 hr travel time. May have buses to other areas like train station too.

If there are 2 or more - just take cab

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
40,430 posts
825 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visit to Xiamen

Cheaper and faster are generally opposite concepts. Taxi is faster but not cheaper.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
43 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visit to Xiamen

Hi GHELLC,

Much appreciate your help.May i ask if we have to pay the driver or buy a bus ticket from counter at airport .Are all such buses the ply airport/downtown/airport airconditioned?

SINGAPORE
Level Contributor
273 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visit to Xiamen

Buy ticket on the bus

Yes, airconditioned and quite comfortable - exiting out fr the airport doors to exterior, turn right and walk nearly to the end, and ask around.

There is also a tourist informn office in airport that you can ask when get out fr immigration - they are more interested in marketing tours but will help with some limited tourist informn and can get local map of Xiamen

Airport shuttles use either smaller minibuses or big coaches - i think depends on the number of passengers expected

shanghai
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Visit to Xiamen

xiamen is very small.take a taxi 20-30min to downtwon cost about 25-30yuan.or you can take bus,walk out of airport ,left 50m.is the bus station,there are many line buses,one of them to downtown,but you muss read chinese.it costs about 2 yuan

SINGAPORE
Level Contributor
273 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visit to Xiamen

Went to Xiamen few months ago

- fr airport to downtown near to harbour area, taxi is abt 100yuan +/-. I took cab twice as to/fr airport and had also checked with hotel abt cost so it is abt there

2 yuan bus is public bus - wouldnt take it if hv luggage

Airport shuttle is diff fr public bus - cost much more than 2 yuan

Xiamen, China
Level Contributor
2,051 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visit to Xiamen

Airport bus cost 6 yuan.

Public bus #27 to ferry terminal and #37 to train station both cost 2 yuan.

shanghai
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Visit to Xiamen

i was im 2008 in xiamen and my hotel is near of xiamen railwaystation,i took a cab from airport to my hotel,costed about 30 yuan

Lausanne...
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Visit to Xiamen

…blogspot.com/2011/08/xiamen.html

Australia
Level Contributor
371 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Visit to Xiamen

I have just left Xiamen. I dont know if you are staying at a hotel, but some have shuttle bus. I took a taxi which is right out the front of airport doors. RMB 30. Very reasonable taxi cost in Xiamen and a lot easier to find than in Guangzhou.