We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 days in Xiamen

uk
3 posts
Save Topic
4 days in Xiamen

I am travelling to Xiamen for 4 days. I have business apointments fro 2 days and visiting a show for 2 days at the exhibition centre. I`m not sure on the area but would like a hotel close enough to the exhibition halls but close enough to the town so I have somerhing to do during the evening. I welcome any advice.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
42,028 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 days in Xiamen

If you mean the convention center then it is a rather isolated area on the island. Nothing to do in the evening. Maybe you stay closer to the action and take a taxi to the convention center. Consider the Millenium Harbourview hotel as a good compromise. Check the reviews here.

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,330 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 days in Xiamen

Stay in the LongShan Lu area; which is bustling at night.

The Xiamen International Convention & Exhibition Centre (I assume it is the same one you are referring to) is on HuanDao Lu (the eastern coastal road), and a taxi fare from the LongShan Lu area would be around Y40.

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,330 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 days in Xiamen

SORRY.

Please ignore all my references to "LongShan lu". It should correctly be "ZhongShan lu" (中山).

My apologise for confusion.

4. Re: 4 days in Xiamen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 am, October 18, 2009