We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lodging in Torres del Paine park

Which Punta Arenas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York, NY
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
lodging in Torres del Paine park

I will be there in December and plan to stay in Hosterias - I've not seen great reviews of anything but Explora, but that is sold out.

2 questions -

- is one of the Hosterias considered better than the rest?

- can I see / do day hikes throughout the park from one base, or should I plan to stay at several hosterias in order to access different locations?

Santiago, Chile
Level Contributor
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: lodging in Torres del Paine park

Hi Katie99 ,

about your 2 questions,

in the park exist several ways to stay, hosterias and refugios

the hosterias are .

Hosteria Las Torres, in this place you can start your "w" trip or the loop.

Hosteria Grey, is just in front the lake and glacier... in this place you can take the boat trip to the glacier and get the grey refugio( next the Paine massif )

Hosteria Pehoe, this palce have a nice view, but is outside the massif and the trails... like explora, but not too expensive like explora...

the refugios are confortable, cheaper than the hosterias...

you can stay in different places if you want to make day hikes..

las torres, cuernos, Paine grande and grey , all of them are refugios,

and you can see the main atratives in the park.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: lodging in Torres del Paine park

thank you - we took the trip in Dec 2006 - it was fantastic. we stayed at the Tercera Barranca ranch - outside the park. i would recommend it to anyone who has their own vehicle. fantastic.

Santiago, Chile
Level Contributor
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: lodging in Torres del Paine park

thanks ... and also, sorry because i didnt take atention about the date of your post...

ups....

:)

New York, New York
Level Contributor
148 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: lodging in Torres del Paine park

We stayed at the Mirador Del Payne located about 20-30 minutes outside of the park. We had a rental car and just drove in and out of the park everyday. We really enjoyed our stay at the Mirador Del Payne. It's a great little ranch with fantastic views of the mountains.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,381 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: lodging in Torres del Paine park

Flowergirl, did your entrance fee for the park cover multiple entries? This would be of interest to anyone staying outside and going in on more than one day.

Punta Arenas, Chile
Level Contributor
14 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: lodging in Torres del Paine park

She should have paid the Torres del Paine National Park just once because you have to pay it the first day you get in but if you are going out you must advise the park ranger and you entrance fee ticket is stamped being the signal that it will be allowed that you to go back to the park and not paying again the same fee.

People staying at Hosteria Mirador del Paine, Cerro Guido Lodge or nearby places out of Torres del Paine Park several days may need this info because that is a frequent question here.

Francesca

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,381 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: lodging in Torres del Paine park

Thank you, Francesca.

frisco
Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: lodging in Torres del Paine park

wow, you guys has most of the answers I need for planning my TdP trip. However, if I stay in the hosteria(s) inside the park, can I do the day hike to the Cuernos de Paines & Grey Glacier? IF we are renting a car, will it make the day hike in the park to Cuernos, glacier more feasible? Must I have a guide to hike on the glacier? if so, does the hotels in/outside the park offer any tours and is it worth to join tours than wandering around on your own? Also, in one of the post, if I stay outside the park, the park admission is for multiple entry within how many days? Finally, I constantly heard about El Calafate, what to do and see there?! Thank You Ladies and Gentlemen for your input!

9. Re: lodging in Torres del Paine park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, September 05, 2009