We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

club andino, pinguineras

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,281 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
club andino, pinguineras

just wanted to post an answer to a question somebody asked me asking how i arranged the transportation to club andino.

i was in punta arenas 3 days, and then met up with my family and joined princess cruise, outside of the cruise port, there will be tons of taxi drivers willing to drive u, make a deal with them , i had one guy take us to the ski lift club andino, then to the pinguinera, and then walk very little with my family around town and it was time to go back to the ship. we had 4 adults in the car and paid $120, but i know chileans who were visiting and at the cruise from valparaiso, that paid $90 for 4 adults.

it is very cold eventhough it is summer in january, and felt like it rained everyday.

the pinguin tour offered by the cruise is to magdalena island, which takes 2 hours to go and 2 hours to come back and at the time it leaves during the day u can only go there via the cruise, since the only boat on the island is chartered by princess cruise,

and they do charge 4 times more than the actual price if u took it at 5 pm, but u can't do this if u on a cruise, i was in punta arenas for 3 days so did the tour at 5 pm , that comes back at 11 pm, but is still daylight since we are in the south pole and is summer in january there.

1. Re: club andino, pinguineras

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, September 09, 2013