We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Isla Magdalena Visit - October 2012

Which Punta Arenas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City
Level Contributor
30 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Isla Magdalena Visit - October 2012

I'm looking into taking a trip to see the penguins towards the end of October. I have seen all the info for Solo Expeditions, but can't find more information (other than what people have said) about the tour with Comapa. I tried contacting them through the website, but haven't heard anything back. Is it just too early for them to list it on their site? Are they still doing it? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Somerset, UK
Level Contributor
489 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Isla Magdalena Visit - October 2012

We went on the ferry Malinka (?) and got details off the Comapa website and went into their office near the main square in Punta Arenas to book. I am not sure if they still do this trip maybe someone else does. I can't find anything about it now.

The one thing I can say is that it is a fantastic experience and not to be missed.

2. Re: Isla Magdalena Visit - October 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, September 05, 2013