We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tours in cruise ports in central and south america

Idaho
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
tours in cruise ports in central and south america

Our cruise takes us to the following ports:-

Montivideo

Puerto Madryn

Port Stanley

Ushuaia

Punta Arenas

Puerto Montt

Valparaiso

Coquimbo

Arica

San Martin

Callao

Manta

Cristobal

We would like to take our own side trips with english speaking drivers [via taxi,s or minivans] for 4-6 of us.

Does anyone have any contacts we can book via email for these ports ?

Toronto
Level Contributor
179 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tours in cruise ports in central and south america

We met a delightful guide in Puerto Montt recently - she does private tours - I'll post her name and email address tomorrow as I don't have my file right now...............

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile, Santiago
Level Contributor
6,528 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tours in cruise ports in central and south america

Given the recent accident in Arica of a group who made private arrangements, I would be very careful with whom you treat. Make sure that the person offering services is duly registered with the local tourist service, has insurance and uses modern properly maintained vehicles. Given this the accident in Arica which killed all but 1 tourist on the tour was in a new van, but with an unregistered service.

Chile
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: tours in cruise ports in central and south america

valparaiso www.enaturchile.com they can help you

sno
chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
16 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tours in cruise ports in central and south america

I am going on a similar cruise and would like to arrange my own shore excursions. Which travel companies did you use and would you recommend them?

Thanks for your help!

Florida
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: tours in cruise ports in central and south america

Hi Sno,

When we were on the HAL Rotterdam last year we booked our tours with local guides arranging private services. Just can remember the name of our guide in Punto Arenas. She is Francisca and her new email address is shoreexcursionspuq@gmail.com. She also was very helpful giving us contact info for Puerto Montt, Valparaiso and Santiago ports.

Jane

6. Re: tours in cruise ports in central and south america

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, September 05, 2009