We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip flight to Antarctica

qatar
Level Contributor
167 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip flight to Antarctica

Anyone took the day trip to Antarctica from Punta Arenas by Aerovias DAP?

is it worth the price?

Manning, South...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Day trip flight to Antarctica

Is it better to book this trip in advance or do it once you get to Punta Arenas. I can't find any info on pricing. How much time should you allow in Punta Arenas in case of bad weather, 4-5 days, a week - 10 days? How about reasonable places to stay? I've found flights from South Carolina to Punta Arenas r/t for $1100 (in Feb 2014) - but don't want to spend a fortune to get to Anarctica. This is my 7th continent & really want to go.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
3 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Day trip flight to Antarctica

I don't think the cruise is worth it because the destinations and times at listed destinations i've found in my research, are too short to really enjoy so essentially, i'd be on the ship for most of my vacation. A flight would get me there in about 3 hrs, i could maximize my hours on antarctica, and then proceed to other parts of South America to get a more in depth experience. Make sense? I see you're based out of Stanley, do you have other suggestions on how to get to Antarctica? A nice 5-6 hour excursion on land would best suit my needs. Thank you!

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,928 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Day trip flight to Antarctica

If it was easy (a 5 hour excursion) to get to Antarctica, it would not be so expensive.

As I said, the Antarctica forum would give you more answers on th etopic.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
3 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Day trip flight to Antarctica

not sure you understand my question or my reply but thanks for the response anyway. cheers! 5 hours excursion on antarctica is NOT unheard of. It is a 2.5 hr flight from Punta Arenas to King gearge. Just so you know.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Day trip flight to Antarctica

Were you able to do a day trip to Antarctica while on your cruise? We are hoping to plan a South American cruise in the near future, but I really want to see Antarctica but my travel buddies want to go around the horn to Chili. I cannot find a cruise that doses both so I am hoping to find an excursion ...any ideas or advice?

Thanks,

Manning, South...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Day trip flight to Antarctica

There are no excursions from a "regular cruise line" because there are no ports. To step foot on Antarctica you have to fly or do an Expedition Cruise you then take a Zodiac from ship to shore. I still can't get a straight answer on flying from Ushuaia or Punta Arenas. Is it better to do a day trip flight or a Fly & Cruise? Which Is the more economical & who is the best company to contact?

17. Re: Day trip flight to Antarctica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, August 26, 2015