We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grocery shopping in Puerto Natales

Which Puerto Natales hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
1 post
Save Topic
Grocery shopping in Puerto Natales

Planning the TDP circuit portion of an upcoming trip, and wondering about grocers and markets in PN? Also, the main day we have to shop for food will be 31 March or Easter this year. Any issues with shops, etc. being closed on Easter in this area? Or, perhaps, limited hours?

If they are closed, would Punta Arenas be a better option? We may have time to shop the day before, or 30 March. Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
133 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grocery shopping in Puerto Natales

The big American style supermarket chain in Chile is Unimarc. My wife and I flew into Punta Arenas and hit the big Unimarc on the side of town closest to the airport and the next day we drove to Torres. We did stop in Natales for gas and there is at least one Unimarc there, but we did not shop there. Here is the link to their store finder page

http://www.unimarc.cl/index.php?s=locales

For Regiones, select XII (magellen) and for Comunas select eithr Arenas or Natales. Then zoom in on the map and you will see multiple locations in each town.

I have no idea if they will be open on Easter Sunday so hopefully other TA folks will answer that. But my advice would be to go Saturday because even if they are open on Easter Sunday, service will be limited.

2. Re: Grocery shopping in Puerto Natales

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 05, 2014