We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

itinerary question

Which Puerto Natales hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
USA
Level Contributor
141 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
itinerary question

We are looking at a potential 2 week trip to Chile in late December / early January. The itinerary would be to arrive in Santiago and then fly that day to Punta Arenas making our way to Puerto Natales where we would spend ~ 5 nights. We'd like to do some day trip excursions to Torres del Paine. We would then fly back to Santiago and split our time between Valparaiso and Santiago with various day trips. This is our first time to Chile so I wanted feedback on whether the trip south to Puerto Natales and Torres is adviseable. Flights between Santiago and Punta Arenas seem sparse...so this seems somewhat of a concern in terms of gettin from place to place.

santiago
Level Contributor
710 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: itinerary question

"Flights between Santiago and Punta Arenas seem sparse..."

to the contrary there are 8 daily frequencies by Lan and 3 by Sky

In Natales there are several operators that do daily trips to Torres del Paine

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
763 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: itinerary question

Dear bengal,

I would also recommend to stay into the Park (Torres del Paine) rather than in Puerto Natales.

Or at least to stay three nights in TDP and 2 in Puerto Natales. The highlight of the area is the National Park, and if you stay 3 hours away from it, it reduces the possibilities for activities.

Have a great vacation!!

Veronica

Say Hueque Tours

USA
Level Contributor
141 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: itinerary question

Hi, we were looking at doing a few day trips from Puerto Natales to Torres del Paine. However, I thought that the park was about an hour and a half away. Is it 3 hours each way?

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
763 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: itinerary question

Hola Bengal,

From Puerto Natales to the Administration of the Park are almost 150 km- and you can't drive 100 km per hour in those roads.

So, yes, I would consider 3 hours. You can make it shorter, but at least consider 2 and a half hours.

Have a nice day!

Veronica

Say Hueque Tours

San Francisco...
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: itinerary question

You can also fly directly to Puerto Natales on Sky Airlines, I believe.

Also, Torres del Paine is great, but you might try other parks instead such as Pumalin Park in northern Palena or the several parks and nature areas near the resort town Pucon in Chlle's Lakes region.

6. Re: itinerary question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:05 pm, October 24, 2012
7. Re: itinerary question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, October 26, 2013