We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there an airport in Puerto Natales

Singapore, Singapore
6 posts
Save Topic
Is there an airport in Puerto Natales

Hi All,

Is there an airport in Puerto Natales?

Sky Airlines flies from Puerto Natales to Puerto Montt but the guide books seem to have no info on the airport!

Also, is it difficult to travel from town to the airport? Assuming there is an airport.

Many thanks!

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile, Santiago
Level Contributor
6,532 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there an airport in Puerto Natales

There is a very small airport, but there is only one flight a day to El Calafate in Argentina.

Peru
Level Contributor
670 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there an airport in Puerto Natales

The closest airport you are likely to fly to is located in Punta Arenas. From here there are frequent daily services to Puerto Natales and the distance is about 220km. The bus station in Puerto Natales is easily accesible. You can just take a taxi there to go downtown or ask your hotel if they can arrange for pickups.

¡Buen Viaje!

Hortense

Chile For Less

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,667 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there an airport in Puerto Natales

During the high season SKY does flights to Puerto Natales. At other times of the year you need to fly into Punta Arenas and bus from there. PN is very small and the airport, Teniente Julio Gallardo, easily accessible, about 7 kms away.

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is there an airport in Puerto Natales

yes. sky airlines www.skyairline.cl flies in and out of there, but only in the summer. right now, you can't even buy a flight there because it's done for the winter season. Maybe they'll be selling again in a few months.

If you need a flight now, fly into Punta Arenas (LAN or Sky Air) and take the bus or private transport to Natales.

portsmouth
Level Contributor
69 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is there an airport in Puerto Natales

I was informed by Skyairline that they will start flying there from November and it's not possible to book any tickets until then. However I was also advised by our travel agent (who seems to be quite competent) that flying from Punta Arenas is more reliable because of more frequent and daily flights with less risk of sudden closure of the airport, bad weather,etc.

Puerto Natales...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Is there an airport in Puerto Natales

Sky airlines allows you to reserve flights online to Puerto Natales now. The flights do not start coming to Natales for at least another month or so. They only offer these flights in the high season.

If you have any questions or need help with anything in Natales or Paine, feel free to drop me a private message.

Saludos!

portsmouth
Level Contributor
69 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is there an airport in Puerto Natales

Many thanks for your kind help.

Peterborough, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is there an airport in Puerto Natales

Nothing that I found flew into Puerto...had to fly to Punta Arenas and take a long bus ride. There is a small airport so maybe in the future there might be flights in.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,667 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is there an airport in Puerto Natales

SKY has flights to Puerto Natales in high season as mentioned in the previous posts. They may have suspended them while the park was not open but I just checked their website and did a sample booking flying in the 25th and out the 30th.

Paris, France
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Is there an airport in Puerto Natales

I'll land in Puerto natales with the SKY flight early March.

Are there any buses waiting this flight at the airport to go to Torres del Paine or should we take taxis to get to Torres del Paine ?

What are the options ?

Thanks