We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private Car Service or Tour from Santiago-Mendoza

Which Antofagasta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York, NY
3 posts
Private Car Service or Tour from Santiago-Mendoza

My husband & I are interested in taking a private car service or a tour bus from Santiago to Mendoza (crossing the Andes). I understand crossing borders in rental cars is difficult if not impossible and this would be a one-way trip, so for logistical ease, we'd prefer to be driven and not drive ourselves. We are looking for a private car service or a bus tour, as opposed to public transportation, because we would like to stop along the way (& potentially learn something from the driver/guide). Our hotel does not know of any such services. Please respond if you have any recommendations. Thanks!

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile, Santiago
Level Contributor
5,746 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: Private Car Service or Tour from Santiago-Mendoza

I have looked up on the internet and it seems that interhabit.com offers transfers from the Santiago airport to Mendoza at a price - the minimum charge appears to US$330.

New York, NY
3 posts
2. Re: Private Car Service or Tour from Santiago-Mendoza

Thanks, Toid! Does anyone have experience with Interhabit -- reputable, reliable, etc.?

Perry Hall, Maryland
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
3. Re: Private Car Service or Tour from Santiago-Mendoza

Hi there I was wondering how you made out with this?

I am planning on the same thing.........actually I am coming from Vina Del mar going to Mendoza.....in October

Please let me know how you made out.....

you can reply to paul@resourceres.com

thank you

Paul

4. Re: Private Car Service or Tour from Santiago-Mendoza

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 pm, September 05, 2009