We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip report----

Washington
Level Contributor
78 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
trip report----

Well my wife and I went to Siem Reap. I would say one of my favorite places out of probable 100 places around the world we have visited. We found Siem reap people to be Friendly, honest and happy people. I would say a happy nice attitude even though they live in poverty basically. One of our tuk tuk drivers, we accidentally paid in full waited while we took a 1 hour cart ride in the country, and than drove us home. Everyone is happy friendly and very nice. No problems at all with dishonest people. I previously had a post about charity. We did buy soccer balls and hula hoops and pads with color pencils and gave them to an orphanage where the children and caregiver where extremely polite and happy to get the gifts.

The temples fabulous, the prices low on everything, lots to do, but malinly a great happy, honest friendly people that we thoughroly enjoyed visiting. Tom

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,114 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trip report----

This is an utter deja vu. I just remarked on this thread (deleted and re-posted?)

Here was what I posted and the timeline

Jan 24, 2014, 10:29 PM

Good to hear you had a great time, Tom! Thanks for taking the time to get back to us! :-)

Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
12,923 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trip report----

Yes you posted twice, but thanks for this. It makes me look forward to our visit even more.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
8,170 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: trip report----

Great to read your experience. Its wonderful how you connected to the beautiful spirit of the Cambodian people! I hope you'll be able to return one day.

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,114 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: trip report----

Hopefully, the roads will all be paved by then! ;-p

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
21,770 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: trip report----

Hi DiamondKing

Thanks for taking the time to write your report. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it and couldn't agree with you more about the wonderful people in Cambodia.

Our most recent trip was all about people. The people we already know and with whom we've formed friendships, local people who are striving to help others less fortunate in their communities, people we met along the way who were warm, friendly and hospitable, the people in hotels where we stayed and who couldn't do enough for us and probably the most heart warming of all were the many people picnicking on the banks of the Tonle Sap Lake who, although had very little, were keen to share their meal with us.

Having read your post I suspect that you've fallen in love with this marvellous country as so many of us have over the years.

Mentioned in this post
Washington
Level Contributor
78 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: trip report----

I thought I posted first on the wrong board. Anyway Great people, hospitable, friendly caring and really going out of there way to help you. Loved Cambodia !

7. Re: trip report----

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 29, 2015