We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Temples like Angkor Wat

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Temples like Angkor Wat

Forgive my ignorance. I thought it would be best get info from people who have been to Cambodia or from people who live there. We are just about finishing our trip in Thailand and about to head home. Now my wife is egging me to go with her to Cambodia. She wants to go see Angkor Wat and other temples that are similar.

Could you please suggest a few places for next month? We are planning 4 days there.

Thanks in advance!

North Queensland
Level Contributor
2,207 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Temples like Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat is not just one temple it is a whole archeological park with many many temples, you really need to read up on the area, also canby publications will give you a very good overview of the area and all there is to see

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
66 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Temples like Angkor Wat

I went to Siem Reap to visit the Angkor temples for a few days a couple of years ago and listed all the temples I visited with photos, how much time it would take, etc. You might find it helpful:

http://angkorruins.blogspot.com

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,834 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Temples like Angkor Wat

4 days is a good start - book your hotel online and ask them to sort you a guide and driver. You don't 'have' to use a guide you are quite free to use only a driver who will drop you at the entrance wait for you to wander and absorb (like we prefer to do) and then take you on to the next temple.

canbypublications.com/siemreap/srstarted.htm

lots of info, sample itineraries, photos etc

also do a quick youtube search - lots of travellers post videos now and you will find some great ones to wet your appetite

4. Re: Temples like Angkor Wat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 01, 2015