We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone booked with tourismcambodia.com?

Which Siem Reap hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone booked with tourismcambodia.com?

Hello,

We are planning on visiting Cambodia next July and were looking for a 4 days trip that starts in Phnom Penh and finishes in Angkor Wat. I found some really great prices on the tourismcambodia.com website and am wondering if they are too good to be true. They have been very good about answering my questions, but it would be helpful to hear some reviews before booking. Any advice would be helpful. Thank you!

North Queensland
Level Contributor
2,063 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone booked with tourismcambodia.com?

You will find that most people on TA advise not to book a 'tour' as it is just so very easy to arrange things for yourself especially when you arrive in Siem Reap, most hotels can arrange drivers'guides to visit the temple sites. Maybe just book your hotel in PP and ask them to arrange a driver to take you to SR or go by bus as most TA's seem to do

Phume Phnom...
Level Contributor
12,621 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone booked with tourismcambodia.com?

DIY is the way to go.

Unfortunately, you do not give any approximate dates or number of days you are expecting to spend in either Phnom Penh or in the Siem Reap/Angkor Region. It's a big region and has much to offer. With such information the forum could advise you more appropriately.

Best regards. Ian

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,416 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone booked with tourismcambodia.com?

4 days is not enough to see even the best bits of both cities - you are oming a long way, can you add at least 2 more days

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,102 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone booked with tourismcambodia.com?

Ian and thmoore are absolutely right. You most definitely don't need to book tours and you'll be astonished as to how very easy and cheap it is to arrange anything you want to do once you're on the ground. I also very much agree with thmoore that four days split between PP & SR wouldn't be anywhere near enough time for you to enjoy both of these places, particularly when you factor in the time it will take to travel from one to the other. If you're tight for time, perhaps two days in PP would be just O.K., but for SR, you'd need at least four to really see anything worthwhile.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
6,262 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone booked with tourismcambodia.com?

I will add my voice. Four days is totally insufficient for two cities. I would choose to do only one with that amount of time and my choice would of course be Siem Reap/Angkor Wat and not Phnom Penh. But, that's me.

If you are committed to both cities then I truly hope you are flying between the two since overland will take too much of the day (now up to 7 hours for the journey from what everyone is saying due to extensive roadworks) to leave any significant time over which means you effectively have three days between the two cities.

1.5 or 2 days in Siem Reap does not do total justice to visiting the temples plus enjoying and appreciating all the other cool stuff there is to do there or enjoying and appreciating the buzz of the place and the beauty of the people. That being said, even 1.5 days or just 1 day to spend with the temples, if done properly, can provide a very unique experience with impressions and memories that will last a lifetime. But it will only be scratching the surface in terms of the full enjoyment and appreciation that is possible.

6. Re: Has anyone booked with tourismcambodia.com?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, December 18, 2014