We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking in advance?

Bethesda, Maryland
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Booking in advance?

Friends -

My wife and I are going to Siem Reap in December for 3 nights. We've sorted out our visit to Angkor with an English speaking tour guide for our first full day. On the second day, we were thinking of exploring Siem Reap.

Question: Is there anything that you would recommend that we book in advance? Does it make sense to have an English speaking tour guide to explore Siem Reap? Are there any recommended half-day bike tours?

Thank you!

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,722 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking in advance?

It is very easy to explore Siem Reap without a guide - many tuk tuk drivers speak good english and can offer suggestions of places (other than temples) to visit. Please avoid any tuk tuk driver who suggests a visit to an orphanage should be part of your plans (sadly many do)

You will probably also need more than one day to visit the temples - a trip out to Beng Melea is also very worthwhile

have you seen the sample itineraries & temple info at canbypublications.com/siemreap/sritinerary.h…

you can hire bikes and explore yourself or this may be of interest tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g297390-d3… - other ideas via the 'things to do' link in the green bar at the top of the page

cheers

helen

Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
6,298 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking in advance?

There are plenty of places that hire bikes for $1. Hire bikes and explore on your own.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking in advance?

I don't think there's anything to book in advance and you won't need a guide for the other places like Tonle Sap lake just get a good guide book.

Colden, New York
Level Contributor
2,822 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking in advance?

I answered your post on Fodors but here again is the info for cycling tour options. Check under small group tours. There are several choices and I believe they offer a half day tour.

www.beyonduniqueescapes.com

If motorbikes are your thing Beyond also offers a motorbike tour but it's all day.

For off road shorter length tours check out www.quad-adventure-cambodia.com

Edited: 9:10 am, November 04, 2013
5. Re: Booking in advance?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, November 06, 2014