We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VERY last minute advice -Angkor wat trip!!

uk
Level Contributor
343 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
VERY last minute advice -Angkor wat trip!!

Hi

So i fly to siem reap tonight with one full day tmrrow to do the temples...i have a 1 day temple guide so know what i wont to see but nothing else!!

No passport photo, dollars or hotel...can someone recommend somewhere clean and safe £20-30 per night??

Also how do i need a guide for the day..would prefer just english speaking tuk tuk...where do i find one as i will arrive late'ish tonight?

Thankss alott!!

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
6,438 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: VERY last minute advice -Angkor wat trip!!

Whenever a plane lands, there will be tuk tuk drivers waiting outside the terminal. So just talk to a few and take one you feel comfortable with. He'll help you sort out lodging (perhaps a place that he gets commission at but if its nice and in your price so what, right?) and take you around tomorrow to view the temples. If you want a trusted someone to meet you, send me a PM asap and I can likely arrange someone good and trustworthy to be there waiting for you. by the way, if you PM to arrange something, include your mobile number so I can text you.. quicker.... and can be in touch when you are on the move unless you are constantly keeping an eye on TA on your phone/tablet

Edited: 5:16 am, July 31, 2013
uk
Level Contributor
343 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: VERY last minute advice -Angkor wat trip!!

Hi lenny thanks i have just booked a hotel called soria moria was panicking i was leaving it too late! I would be happy to take ur guide how much will he charge? How do i pm you?

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
6,438 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: VERY last minute advice -Angkor wat trip!!

The guy I know is an english speaking tuk tuk driver. Drivers and guides are two different 'breeds'. Drivers know a lot but cant go into temples with guests nor do they have the very in depth knowledge of the temples the guides have. I assume you want a driver only. If you want a guide - $25 - $30 a day - the driver can probably find one even at the last moment. To PM click on my nick, in the column under the photo you will see a bunch of stuff and under that you will see a link "Send message". HIs charges will be pretty standard. $5 - $6 for airport pickup and around $15 for a day touring the temples on the small and or grand circuit.

Edited: 5:35 am, July 31, 2013
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: VERY last minute advice -Angkor wat trip!!

Are you find out good hotel yet? There many you can get with that amount, event near Pub street

5. Re: VERY last minute advice -Angkor wat trip!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 03, 2014