We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is my itinerary feasible?

Which Siem Reap hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
128 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Is my itinerary feasible?

Hi, everyone!

I'm going to Siem Reap next month for three full days. I made an itinerary which includes the must-sees, but opted for the alternatives that are less touristed but beautiful/unique spots (smaller temples so most won't take an hour to visit even if you take your time). I would just like to find out if you think my itinerary is feasible. :)

DAY 1: Srah Srang sunrise, then straight to Ta Prohm and Thommanon. Quick breakfast somewhere (our hotel will be providing us with breakfast boxes) then Neak Pean and Preah Khan. After that, we head for Angkor Thom (Bayon, Terrace of the Elephants, Vihear Prampil Loveng, Wat Tang Tok, Terrace of the Leper King, and Baphuon). Late lunch near Angkor Wat, then spend the rest of the afternoon (until sunset) at Angkor Wat. Pub Street/Angkor Night Market for the rest of the night.

DAY2: Begin at 8am at Banteay Samre, then straight to Banteay Srei. Early lunch to make it to the 1pm tour at the Angkor Centre for Conservation and Biodiversity. Then a trip to the Landmine Museum before heading back to East Mebon and Prasat Kravan. Psar Cha/Pub Street/Angkor Night Market for the rest of the night.

DAY3: Begin the day at 8:30am at Wat Athvea (both the ruins and active wat) then off to Wat Bo. After checking out and having lunch, we head to Wat Thmei and Angkor National Museum, and then pass time at Psar Cha till it's time to get our luggage and head to the airport.

So that's the plan. What do you think? Thanks in advance!

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,226 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is my itinerary feasible?

Hi,

Quite busy on day one but at least you'll be used to the heat and humidity. I would change the order after breakfast to Preah Khan then Neak Pean and if you still have the energy add Ta Som on your way round to Angkor Wat.

Day two, I think you should start at Bantaey Sri at 8-8.30 as the tour buses start arriving in large numbers by 9 and that way you get a bit of peace to see it. Then just carry on and when you get to East Mebon, tag on Ta Som if you didn't see it on day one. BS looks great in the late afternoon too and is usually quiet by 4.30 so you could just reverse the day two route and end up there.

Cheers

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
128 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is my itinerary feasible?

I live in SEA too so heat and humidity is something I'm very used to :)

Thanks for the tips! Will try to see if I can move my Banteay Srei later, but the reason I put it in the morning is because I want to get back to SR (near Old Market) by 6:30 for the only Catholic Mass (as far as I know). But will definitely take note of your other suggestions.

Thanks again!

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,226 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is my itinerary feasible?

Hi,

Or you could leave a bit earlier to get to Bantaey Srey at 8am, it's not somewhere you want to be when there are a lot of visitors as it's very compact.

cheers

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
128 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is my itinerary feasible?

I think I should just head to Banteay Srei first thing in the morning, then the Landmine Museum before lunch, then head back right after the Angkor Centre for Conservation and Biodiversity tour to Banteay Samre, East Mebon and Prasat Kravan. Yup, going to avoid tourists as much as possible. :)

Thanks again!

Phume Phnom...
Level Contributor
12,636 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is my itinerary feasible?

Get up and get out on the road earlier for Bantey Srei to beat the hoards.

It's an absolute convoy of buses out there immediately after breakfast and lunch.

Personally, I like to go to Bantey Samrey after either first up in the morning or first up after lunch and then go to Bantey Srey in late morning or late afternoon when the hoards are heading home.

By the way, the light makes a big difference as to how you perceive both temples but especially Bantey Srey. Circa 07:00 to 07:30 and circa 16:30 to 17:00 is just magical at Bantey Srey.

At long last and not before time, many parts of Bantey Srey are now roped off to protect them from stupid tourists who were clambering over parts they should never have been on in the first place.

Best regards. Ian

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
128 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is my itinerary feasible?

Yes, will really move Banteay Srei to early morning now. Thanks, Ian! :)

7. Re: Is my itinerary feasible?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, July 29, 2014