We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tuk tuk ?

Which Siem Reap hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
california
Level Contributor
744 posts
1 review
Tuk tuk ?

My hotel in SR will send a tuk tuk driver to pick up us from the bus station. Here is my question.

Should we be obligated to hire him as our tuk tuk driver . If not, how much is the fee (for tuk tuk) from Giant I bis bus station to Angkor pearl hotel .

I contacted a few tuk tuk in the list here thru email, but have not decided whether I will need a car or a tuk tuk in SR. Is it practical for me to met them to see which one we feel comportable with before deciding. My husband wants to go with the tuk tuk at the hotel to limit a chance we would run into another mean guy like the one we met in PP today.

Thru email, one tuk tuk told me he needs the job because it is a low season and hard to find customer. I feel bad for him, but what my husband said is also make sense . Since this is our long plan vacation, I want to have good memory with my family in Cambodia

Please share how you select your tuk tuk

lewes uk
Level Contributor
8,204 posts
154 reviews
1. Re: Tuk tuk ?

Hi,

The tuk tuk driver your hotel send will almost certainly start asking you what you're planning to do and if you want him to drive you around because the hotel will not be paying him, so it's his opportunity to direct sell as it were. But he will get you safely to your hotel and you are under no obligation at all to hire him if he's not for you. If you hit it off then you might as well hire him at least for the first day and he won't want to jepardise his relationship with the hotel by trying to rip you off. If you decide you don't want to hire him then just thank him and give him a couple of dollars for his trouble.

Cheers

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,316 posts
88 reviews
2. Re: Tuk tuk ?

As Paul says!!

3. Re: Tuk tuk ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 15, 2014