We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to visit in Siem Reap & Cambodia

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
42 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Places to visit in Siem Reap & Cambodia

I have a plan to travel to Siem Reap & Cambodia in Sept 2013. Is this period a good time to visit these places? What the must see things in these two places?

Any answers are mostly welcomed.

Mentioned in this post
Siem Reap
Siem Reap
Siem Reap Province, Cambodia
sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
19,212 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to visit in Siem Reap & Cambodia

Hi Muthu & welcome to the Cambodian forum

September is a lovely time to visit Cambodia and the Temples of Angkor are spectacular at this time of the year.

there are many other wonderful things to see & do in Siem Reap. Without knowing anything about you, your likes & the time you have it is impossible to suggest things.

please look at the 'things to do' link in the green bar at the top.

you might also check out www.canbypublications.com and www.travelfish.org

these sites will help you with a draft itinerary - and if you post this we can help you fine tune it

cheers

helen

Mentioned in this post
Siem Reap
Siem Reap
angkor
angkor
19 Reviews
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
42 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to visit in Siem Reap & Cambodia

Let me know what are the informations you need from me & i will let you know so that you can give me a better guide.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,682 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to visit in Siem Reap & Cambodia

How long do you have for your trip?

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
19,212 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to visit in Siem Reap & Cambodia

muthu ... TA does not stand for travel agent. Trip Advisor is a community of travellers who offer help and suggestions to others. YOU have to do some research and plan your own trip - we can offer suggestions once we know what YOU plan to do - we do not plan trips for other people.

Work out your draft itinerary and post it here - THEN we can help you further

When offering suggestions on YOUR itinerary it is helpful to know how long you are going for, what you would like to see and what your budget is.

cheers

helen

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
42 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Places to visit in Siem Reap & Cambodia

My plan is for 1 week travelling. I would like to visit Floating markets, Angkor Wat & other temples. Some other places i would like to visit are waterfalls, local markets & free & easy.

I also would like to visit Royal Palaces, museum & some other historical places. Is it possible to visit all these places in 1 week & how much usually will this cost? My budget is around $2,000 US dollar per person.

Please guide me.

Mentioned in this post
Angkor Wat
Angkor Wat
39,664 Reviews
Siem Reap, Cambodia
sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
19,212 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Places to visit in Siem Reap & Cambodia

4 nights in Siem Reap, bus to Battanbang (2 nights) bus to Phnom Penh (2 nights) would be a good start

check out www.canbypublications.com or www.travelfish.org (links to Cambodia in blue at the top)

plenty of choices of accommodation in all these cities (see the hotels tab in green at the top of this page) and lost to do (see the 'things to do' tab at the top of the page for each city forum)

does your $2k include airfares?

Mentioned in this post
Siem Reap
Siem Reap
Phnom Penh
Phnom Penh
Cambodia
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
44 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Places to visit in Siem Reap & Cambodia

We spend 3 days in Siem Reap - Day 1: Angkor wat, Bayon, Ta Prohm. Day 2: Banteay Srei, landmine museum, Beng Mealea, Day 3: Kompong Phhluk floating village. I think it was a good amount of time - we were a bit sick of temples by the end of day 2 to be honest. We didn't make it to Phnom Penh - instead we flew to Luang Prabang (Laos) which we absolutely loved - highlight of our trip.

Mentioned in this post
Angkor Wat
Angkor Wat
39,664 Reviews
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Ta Prohm
Ta Prohm
16,251 Reviews
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Banteay Srei
Banteay Srei
6,421 Reviews
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Beng Mealea
Beng Mealea
1,224 Reviews
Siem Reap
Siem Reap
Phnom Penh
Phnom Penh
Cambodia
Luang Prabang
Luang Prabang
Luang Prabang Province, Laos
8. Re: Places to visit in Siem Reap & Cambodia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 12, 2014