We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Siem Reap to Luang Prabang

Which Siem Reap hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
14,194 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Siem Reap to Luang Prabang

Does anyone know if there are any other airlines that fly from SR to LP besides Lao Airlines please ? Also is Angkor Air the only option flying from Sihanoukville to Siem Reap ? Thanks.

Edited: 8:20 am, June 01, 2013
lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,334 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Siem Reap to Luang Prabang

Hi,

No, you can fly with Vietnam REP to LPQ, they fly direct rather than via Pakse and use Fokker 70 jets rather than ATR turbo-props of Lao Airlines.

CAA are the only carrier on the route to Sihanoukville at the moment.

Cheers

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
14,194 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Siem Reap to Luang Prabang

Great. thanks for your speedy reply paulosussex. We had our first trip to Cambodia in February this year and now I can't stop thinking about getting back there so I'm starting to plan the next holiday ( in my dreams at this stage ).

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,334 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Siem Reap to Luang Prabang

Hope you manage a return trip soon, and planning makes it feel closer at least...

Cheers

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
6,345 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Siem Reap to Luang Prabang

But basically the flights between LP and SR are in all cases codeshare flights between Lao Airlines and Vietnam Airlines. They can be booked on either company's website including the non-stop direct flights and the flights with intermediate stops. Best to check both websites as my impression has been that the prices can actually slightly vary for the same flight

Edited: 11:35 am, June 01, 2013
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
6,345 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Siem Reap to Luang Prabang

In fact, just for fun and since I might be making the trip later this yeat, I just tried on both websites, SR - LP for October 15.

On the Lao Airline website, I get the choice between one direct and one not direct flight with prices between $210 (direct, codeshare with and operated by Vietnam Airlines) - $185 (1-stop, operated by Lao Airlines). Oddly enough, Lao Airlines even shows various fare classes for the same flight with prices that differ with $10.

On the Vietnam Airlines website, they only show the one direct flight that they operate at a price of $315 versus $210 for the same flight booked via Lao Airlines. So really check them both before booking.

Siem Reap, Cambodia
Level Contributor
484 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Siem Reap to Luang Prabang

I flew SR to LP via Pakse on Lao Airlines about 12 months ago and it was cheaper to book through a Travel Agent here in SR rather than on the airlines website.

7. Re: Siem Reap to Luang Prabang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, June 07, 2014