We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mosquitos repellent again???

Which Siem Reap hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
california
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Mosquitos repellent again???

I bought some repellent ( natural and DEET type) . When I spray the repellent type on my skin . It takes a long time to dry, and look like it is an oil base . I can only find 25% ( OFF DEET type) . Is it good enough ? What is the percentage you normal buy . Please advise . Thank you

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,082 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mosquitos repellent again???

DEET is an oil-based product, you will always get that oily feeling on your skin. I prefer natural repellents instead of chemical repellents, but they have to be re-applied very frequently. For the concentration and recommended re-application of the DEET products, see this-

http://deet.com/about_3.html

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mosquitos repellent again???

i never bother but always cover up .

Phume Phnom...
Level Contributor
12,863 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mosquitos repellent again???

Your 25% DEET is just fine and is preferable to any higher % products.

It's NOT the % of DEET that matters.

What is important is the FREQUENCY of application/reapplication.

Best regards. Ian

Camp Phnom Penh

4. Re: Mosquitos repellent again???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 25, 2014