We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mekong River Cruise!

Which Siem Reap hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Mekong River Cruise!

Hello all,

Has anyone used www.mekongrivercruise.com for a trip to Vietnam and Cambodia? I was wondering if they provide good drivers and guides for a 16 day trip around Cambodia & Vietnam on Pandaw River Cruises? I want to save time on getting to the different places I want to visit. And also, are they flexible enough to allow us to bend the itinerary and do our own thing during the entire stay? I would love to hear feedback from others who have tried their service and would love to hear comments. I don't want to spend too much on a company that doesn't deliver. Thanks in advance!

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Mekong River Cruise!

I just got back from a 15-day vacation to Myanmar, Vietnam, and Cambodia which we studied and planned with Vu of ( www.MyWayTravel.com ) They managed Mekong River Cruise site. It was a revealing adventure/vacation! We had splendid and well-informed guide sand drivers all throughout the stay. We also stayed in comfortable hotels, dined on authentic local dishes, and learned a lot of things which I think we couldn’t have done traveling without help from an agency.

We picked MWT after studying their website and reading comments from Tripadvisor. We also compared the prices and itineraries of competing operators. MWT stood out because of their price and the ability to customize the itinerary based on what we wanted. We had full control of where we wanted to go and what meals to eat. MWT also listened to our input regarding where to stay and made sure that our travel schedule was flexible enough for free time.

MWT has convinced me that a customized tour is the best way to experience all that Indochina has to offer. MWT has made things easier for us by handling the bookings, itinerary, and they gave us control over what we wanted to do. The guides and drivers they offered provided useful information and insights about life in the countryside and the spots we visited. They spoke good English, they were well-informed, they were courteous, and were very eager to serve. We’d like to specially mention Mr. Tung of Hue and Hoi An and Mr. Phalli of Siem Reap who were exceptional guide sand showed tremendous passion for their jobs.

The real value of this tour was not its reasonable price but it let us study the countries we wanted to visit and learn more about them on our own. The guides were also very receptive to questions they answered our questions eagerly and even gave their own insights. They also talked about their background, education, politics, economy, dreams of the youth, their culture, and everything under the sun. The tour that we got from MWT packed a lot of meaty information into a short vacation.

I have traveled for years to different countries around the world, sometimes by myself, with family, or in big groups. The trip to Indochina with MWT is at the top of my list because of what we learned, the things we got to do, the sights we saw, and the experiences we had. MWT made it easier for us and made our stay in Indochina comfortable by pre-arranging the bookings.

Boston...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Mekong River Cruise!

Thank you four sharing your experiences. Is it possible for you to share your itinerary?

Gosford, New South...
Level Contributor
6 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mekong River Cruise!

We went through Travel Marvel, brilliant trip on board the La Marguerite however the itinerary is set with not a lot of free time, I personally could not fault them. You can look up their itinerary on line. Honestly not sure how they compare in price to others. Enjoy it, it was our first trip o/seas and we loved every minute.

4. Re: Mekong River Cruise!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 10, 2014