We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

traveling to siem reap airport

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
traveling to siem reap airport

I recently purchased a ticket from Phnom Penh to Siem Raep on Cambodia Angkor Air. However, I am traveling from Hong Kong on DragonAir into Phnom Penh. Can I have Dragonair tag my bags all the way to Siem Raep? or

do I have to tag the bags to phnom penh -> cross immigration -> pick them up -> check them back in and go through security again?

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,957 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: traveling to siem reap airport

I doubt Dragonair and Cambodia Angkor air have any form of agreement so I think you will have to go through immigration, customs, & collect your bags etc at PP and then check in again for your flight to SR. It's a small airport without too many flights so you should have no probelms doing this providing you have left yourself sufficient time between flights

Italy
Level Contributor
39,508 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: traveling to siem reap airport

Unfortunately you'll have to pick them up and go through the whole process again but as thmoore says it's a small airport so it will be pretty quick.

Siem Reap, Cambodia
Level Contributor
16 posts
319 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: traveling to siem reap airport

As above, but it is not too much of a hassle.

4. Re: traveling to siem reap airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, April 24, 2014