We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary Help please - how long in each place?

Which Siem Reap hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
90 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary Help please - how long in each place?

Hi ill be flying in to HCMC on the 28th Dec for 12 nights, I have been to HCMC before so will only spend a night or two there before heading to Siem Reap and Phnom Penh, how many nights should I stay at each? also which would be better for New Year’s Eve, I would love to fit in some time in Sihanoukville but I don’t want my trip too rushed so not sure if it would be too much

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,316 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary Help please - how long in each place?

A minimum of 3 nights in SR and two nights in P, even though you can spend many more! It will depend on your time and your interests.

Siem Reap has a great atmosphere at night, l have not been there for New Years, but l figure it would be pretty good.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
284 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary Help please - how long in each place?

Agreed to above comment...3 days in Siem Reap, you can stay longer only if you are interested in all temples and visiting other towns nearby. You can enjoy pub street on NYE, quite crowded but you will see lots of interesting things going on in that area, there are local pubs and restaurants which you can relax and have fun.

Cheers,

Mini M

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
90 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary Help please - how long in each place?

Great, thanks for your replies

sydney
Level Contributor
389 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary Help please - how long in each place?

With all the information available on the internet you really need to do some research to decide on what you want to see and do at each place and work your itinerary out from that.

5. Re: Itinerary Help please - how long in each place?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 23, 2014