We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights to Vietnam and back from Cambodia

Which Siem Reap hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham
Level Contributor
15 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Flights to Vietnam and back from Cambodia

Hi All. My son and I have found a tour we like the look of but are struggling to find the best flights from UK (we live in Birmingham but can travel to London/Manchester) . The tour starts in Hanoi and ends in Siem Reap. Airlines that are good for one way seem bad for the other. Is there a hub that links with both places or do we need to fly from Siem Reap to Ho Chi Min or something? Any suggestions gratefully received.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
93 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights to Vietnam and back from Cambodia

Hi

We're flying into Cambodia and out from Ho Chi Min next November/ December. We've booked return flights from Manchester to Kuala Lumpar with Emirates (for a 2 night stopover) and am looking at using Air Asia to fly KL to Siem Reip and also Ho Chi Min back to KL. The Emirates flights cost me £558 each.

Regards

Pat

Birmingham
Level Contributor
15 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights to Vietnam and back from Cambodia

Thank you - I'll take a look at those options. Enjoy your holiday!

Aarhus, Denmark
Level Contributor
310 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights to Vietnam and back from Cambodia

If you want to fly over Cph Qatar Airways have great Wednesday options. Cph- Qatar (stop for 2.5 hour)-SGN and retur PNH - via SGB to Qatar stop for 3.5 hour- Cph.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
284 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights to Vietnam and back from Cambodia

London - Hanoi by Qatar approx. $1100+ (round trip)

Hanoi to Siem Reap by Vietnam Air approx. $470+ (round trip)

I think booking round trip can be a bit cheaper but you need good timing. Most of planes will go to Phnom Penh than Siem Reap but I think it will be chaos if it's your first time in Asia because things can change or delay easily. You can compare prices on metasearch first to see briefly which option is cheaper and more convenient but if you are first timer then I would suggest taking round trip ticket.

Regards,

Mini M

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights to Vietnam and back from Cambodia

Uou can check out the multi city flights on the matrix fare comparison website:

http://matrix.itasoftware.com

Aarhus, Denmark
Level Contributor
310 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flights to Vietnam and back from Cambodia

As I seethe site http://matrix.itasoftware.com

it is fine if you only wish to buy ordinary round trips. When it comes to mulitcity it reflects the price of 2 times one way which is much more expensive.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
57 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flights to Vietnam and back from Cambodia

Are there cheaper flights between VIETNAM and cambodia?

We are flying into Ho Chi minh because its significantly cheaper than Hanoi (via JFK and LHR). We are going to JETSTAR it to hanoi.

issue is at hanoi, we need to go to siem reap - flights are commin out to be 300 US......there has to be a cheaper way that is just as fast. doubt the common viet pays this much for an hour flight.

from siem reap we are heading to BKK, and again, its costing around 250us....

please help.

8. Re: Flights to Vietnam and back from Cambodia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, February 17, 2014