We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New direct bus from Bangkok to siem reap

Which Siem Reap hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
aus
5 posts
Save Topic
New direct bus from Bangkok to siem reap

So I have read that there is a new direct bus from Bangkok (Mo Chit) to siem reap.

ttrweekly.com/site/…

Has anyone taken it or know anything about it, eg booking tickets etc.

Alternatively, If I fly into Don Murang airpot at midday would anyone recommend taking the trip to Siem Reap that same day? Or would this leave me stranded at Poipet?

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,320 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
51. Re: New direct bus from Bangkok to siem reap

Hi,

If you are talking about the 'direct' bus run by Transport co, then there is no over night option (the border closes at 8pm). From reading reports it looks like the bus departs from outside the front of the Empress Angkor Hotel, national route 6 at 8am. Better to check all these details locally.

Cheers

Lancaster, United...
1 post
Save Reply
52. Re: New direct bus from Bangkok to siem reap

Hi

If the bus leaves bkk at 16:00 and takes 5+hours to get to the boarder how can you get across the boarder if it closes at 20:00? Surely the bus would arrive at the boarder at around 21:00.

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,320 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
53. Re: New direct bus from Bangkok to siem reap

Hi Clive,

Buses don't take 5 hours to get to the border unless they break down, it's 3 hours tops, 2 in a taxi. I'm talking about Siem Reap to Poipet btw.

Cheers

Edited: 6:44 am, April 24, 2013
Manila
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
54. Re: New direct bus from Bangkok to siem reap

DIRECT BUS FROM SIEM REAP TO BANGKOK

I hope to finally shedding a light on the trip from Siem Reap to Bangkok via a "State Bus" run by Transport Inc.

Since the trip is coming from Cambodia the name of the company that runs this trip is NATTAKAN (Cambodia) CO., LTD. it is the official partner if Transport Co. Their NEW office is located in the old market in Siem Reap, along Sivatha Road, very near in KFC restaurant. This is also the place where they park the bus and wait for the passengers.

NOTE:

They no longer park the bus and sell tickets at THE EMPRESS HOTEL, no, not anymore.

The fare is $28 which includes a free pick up from your hotel, a cookie chip & 3 in 1 instant coffee (but no hot water and cup provided), a meal for lunch and water.

The bus leaves at 8AM. You can choose a seat no. but practically can seat anywhere, the bus was not full at the time I had this trip, were practically just 22. I strongly suggest not to sit in the last row if you don't want to absorb the smell of the urine or at least make sure the door of the toilet is always closed for everybody's sake!

I can say this is the safest, hassle free bus ride going to Bangkok from Siem Reap. They will give you an ID and hang it around your neck with a label "TRANSPORT CO. LTD". Once in the border a uniform man will accompany you where to go and wait for everyone.

We arrived at Chatuchak bus station around 4pm. Also note that, Chatuchak bus station is the arrival area and Mo Chit bus station is the departure area. Its in the same location though. So don't get surprise if you left mo chit bus station and arrived at chatuchak.

I hope this infos will be a big help for everyone!!!

ADDITIONAL NOTES:

Nattakan (Cambodia) Co., LTD

Phone: 078-795-333

Not all tuktuk drivers knows this so you may call the tuktuk driver who brought me here:

Mr. Say Ngon

Phone (855) 12 55 47 77

Email: ngon_say@yahoo.com

Asia
Level Contributor
884 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
55. Re: New direct bus from Bangkok to siem reap

Thank you homelessvagabond for your very useful information.

Hsipaw, Myanmar
Level Contributor
14 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
56. Re: New direct bus from Bangkok to siem reap

Hi All,

Just took the new direct bus from Bangkok (Mo Chit) to Siem Reap yesterday. I can say most of what HomelessVagabond states (post #54) is correct, however, the information listed is about traveling from Siem Reap to Bangkok.

In the reverse direction, be aware of Scambodia!! (Detailed in the LP's 2012 Cambodia guide on page 350) The Transport Company (i.e. Gov't bus) operates this route beginning in Mo Chit (Bangkok) all the way through Siem Reap. Unfortunately, just before reaching the border, the bus stops at the Cambodian 'immigration' for a Cambodian 'visa'. Of course, it goes without saying that you will not pass through Cambodian immigration until after you pass through Thai immigration. At this stop the 'officials' will request around 1100 baht for the Cambodian visa (nearly twice the actual cost of $20). Ignore their claims that the office on the other side is closed or that it will take five hours - these are simply lies to get you to pay more.

Thankfully, we read the LP's warning in advance and ignored the 'officials' and received our visa hassle free on the Cambodian side for $20. For those wanting more info, I found an interesting site that accurately details the process: https:/…

The tickets from Bangkok (Mo Chit) to Siem Reap can be purchased online from Thai Ticket Major. The cost is 750 baht, the bus departs Mo Chit at 9am, and the bus will drop you in the center of Siem Reap in front of Nattakan Co.

Safe travels! Just remember to be very careful of the mofia and scams that surround the Thai/Cambodian border. We watched many, many travelers and tourists fall victim to this well known scam.

Merklingen, Germany
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
57. Re: New direct bus from Bangkok to siem reap

I can approve this post 100%... Took the bus earlier in April and experienced the same, the bus stops before the boarder at a dodgy 'cambodian immigration'. most of the people in the bus bought their visas their fore 1100 baht, as i knew it is a scam, we just waited in the bus, the bus will then continue to the border and drops you of at the thai exit border, where you then just cross the border and proceed to the real immigration service... actually, when i took the bus, the immigration was really busy, even with my e-Visa it took almost 2 hours to get it stamped, the bus waits for you and drops you of in the center of SR...

and in contrast to what some people said in the thread, no one except me in the bus had a pre-arranged visa or e-visa :)

Asia
Level Contributor
884 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
58. Re: New direct bus from Bangkok to siem reap

Thanks traveling_Daire for the info.

@sknoiz, so if any people who needs a visa to Cambodia can just get one there. No need any arrangement in advance. No need e-visa. Doesn't matter which nationality. Do I get it right?

Thanks.

Phume Phnom...
Level Contributor
12,759 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
59. Re: New direct bus from Bangkok to siem reap

Wsea3h,

A genuine Visa-on-Arrival for Cambodia is available at all International Border Crossings for MOST but NOT ALL all national passport holders. Just check your national status and or visa requirements on line. Certain ASEAN passport holders do not need a KH Visa for short stays.

Rgds. Ian

Asia
Level Contributor
884 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
60. Re: New direct bus from Bangkok to siem reap

Thank you Ian. What is a KH Visa?