We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gloria Angkor Hotel

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Gloria Angkor Hotel

Anyone know anything about this place please? It receives consistently excellent reviews, is #2 of the Siem Reap TA hotel reviews, and is very inexpensive for what it provides.

I've done a search on the forum, but can't find any postings mentioning the place, and none of the reviewers seem to have a forum track record.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gloria Angkor Hotel

i not stayed there but passed the place today,its a long way out from siem reap town along route #6 on the way to the bus stations.thats all i can say .

washington dc
Level Contributor
807 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gloria Angkor Hotel

We are staying there for 5 nights in January. It comes highly recommended on TA and provides free tuk tuk service to the town in the evenings. We thought it would be a little quieter since we did not want to be in the middle of late night activity in the town.

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gloria Angkor Hotel

Thanks. I've been looking at the reviews on Booking.com (which I prefer to TA reviews), and the Gloria certainly looks an excellent choice (no swimming pool though). And with the complimentary tuk-tuk service that should help make up for being a bit out of the way.

Trouble is, with such a big selection of very good places to stay, the short-list I put in front of Her Majesty is likely to be a long short-list!

Tjm0m0306 (nice name!), could you add a couple of lines to this thread after you've stayed at the Gloria please?

North Queensland
Level Contributor
2,135 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gloria Angkor Hotel

If your choice is purely because it is "out of town away frrom the noise" just be aware that you can stay right in the centre of Siem Reap and it will not be noisey

washington dc
Level Contributor
807 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gloria Angkor Hotel

Yes, I will post a review after our stay. They quoted me a really good price for 5 days 5 nights which includes breakfast, airport pick up/drop off and your very own tuk tuk for the day including sunrise and temples farther from the standard circuit. PM me if you wish.

Marleneray:

could you let me know which area in Siem Reap would be quiet enough at night? We did not want to be close to noisy bars which is what I assumed was the case with pub street. Maybe I am mistaken

Thanks

6. Re: Gloria Angkor Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 28, 2013