We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the best way to get to Siem Reap from Phnom Pen

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
72 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
What is the best way to get to Siem Reap from Phnom Pen

I am planning a 5 day visit to Cambodia in late January. We will be flying into Phnom Pen and out of Siem Reap. What would be the best way to commute between the two places? Six hours on the road seems such a waste of time. Is it a nice drive? Would it be worth to hire a private vehicle and drive over? There are 3 of us. Are the flight connection between the two cities dependable - it seems to be quite costly. Would be great to have a feed back.

siem reap
Level Contributor
417 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the best way to get to Siem Reap from Phnom Pen

the buses are proberly the safest form of land transport and about 6 hours with a stop half way.flights are only 45mins but costly.boats are uncomfortable and not too safe,taxis are ok but not as safe as the buses

Melbourne...
Level Contributor
3 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the best way to get to Siem Reap from Phnom Pen

I took the giant ibis bus today .. 6hours just flew .. nice journey with good country side scenery .. comfy seats with free wifi onboard .. paid US$13 .. i'd recommend it .. they even pick u up from ur hotel.

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
81 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the best way to get to Siem Reap from Phnom Pen

We are looking to take this bus in January,can you book online?

Port Elizabeth...
Level Contributor
512 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the best way to get to Siem Reap from Phnom Pen

Also used this bus last week and it was great, took 7hours as we had a puncture, but extremely safe driving a nd very comfortable bus.

I booked online and paid on the bus.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
76 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is the best way to get to Siem Reap from Phnom Pen

We've gone both by road and flew.

With your usual mucking around at the airport you only save a few hours but, it was very reliable and no fuss, not to mention a darn sight more comfortable than the drive and you don't have any heart stopping moments like on the road trip in a private taxi.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
24 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is the best way to get to Siem Reap from Phnom Pen

which airline flies from Phnom Pen to Siem Reap? I am travelling with my parents, and bus is not an option.

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,503 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is the best way to get to Siem Reap from Phnom Pen

Hi,

Cambodia Angkor Air fly this route. They have a website and you can book online.

Cheers

Vancouver
Level Contributor
24 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is the best way to get to Siem Reap from Phnom Pen

Thank you for your response. I will check that out. Cheers.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What is the best way to get to Siem Reap from Phnom Pen

Travelled via Mekong Express bus service in March '13. $11 each for 6 hour trip, supply you with bottle of water and bread loaf. Time went by rather quick, cannot see the point in paying for a flight when you can take this trip at a fraction of the cost. Plus you get to see the real Cambodia - pass through towns and villages, see people on the side of the road, the countryside etc (although not that flash in parts). Stops about 3 hours into trip for a break, toilet on board, air conditioning, bus service very safe and efficient service - would recommend!

Melbourne
Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What is the best way to get to Siem Reap from Phnom Pen

my son and he's wife went in january and they had someone drive them it was only about $30 aus they quite enjoyed the drive said they saw alot of the countryside they loved cambodia they were traveling with a one year old and had no problems.