We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

helicopter ride over Angkor

upstate ny
Level Contributor
99 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
helicopter ride over Angkor

There appear to be two companies that offer these rides. Is one recommended over the other? Is it wise...necessary..to book the rides ahead of time? How far out of Siem Reap do you have to go to get the ride?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
13,501 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: helicopter ride over Angkor

Rotary wing aircraft operate from the Siem Reap Airport circa 6 km outside of the main town.

Please be aware that no flights, fixed or rotary wing, may fly directly over the UNESCO World Heritage temple sites. All aircraft have to keep a minimum distance of one (1) Nautical/Aeronautical mile or 1.85 km away from these structures and fly at a height of not less than 1,500 feet except for take off and landing.

Both the Cambodian SSCA and the APSARA Authority has the authority to increase these distances.

Bookings are made at the company office in Siem Reap.

Best regards.

Edited: 3:21 pm, December 11, 2012
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: helicopter ride over Angkor

Wondering whether the helicopter ride is worth it? I cannot do a lot of walking so thought the sky might be the answer.

Has anyone reviewed the Helistar 'See the Lot' flight? I have read where they can't fly over UNESCO Heritage sites - does this mean not directly over Angkor Wat?

siem reap
Level Contributor
417 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: helicopter ride over Angkor

certainly can not fly over Angkor wat. infact not even close to these sites.

its funny cause i have had a reoccurring bad dream,a nightmare where i am with my family in Angkor Wat and i look up and see dangling legs above me.i than realise a chinese company has installed a skychair ride over all of the temples..wow i am so glad it was just a bad dream,i hope it stays this way:)

4. Re: helicopter ride over Angkor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 15, 2014