We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Siem Reap with kids

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Siem Reap with kids

Hi travelers, We are a family of 4 visiting Cambodia and Bangkok in November. The kids are 9 months and 6 years. We will be in Siem Reap for 3 nights and 4 days. We'll be staying at Le Meridian which, I have heard, is quite close to the temples. I read through the forums but I have some specific questions. I understand that there are 3 to 4 different temples to visit. Some have advised that we take turns visiting the temples. I want to ask which ones are "harder" to do with kids and which ones are "doable"? I know the' hard' and 'easy' terms are subjective but I would like to know which ones need a lot of walking and longer times to cover and which ones don't. We aren't being ambitious. We will do what we can.

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,134 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Siem Reap with kids

best place for you to start is www.canbypubications.com and check out their temples pages - there are way more than 3 or 4 temples and with little ones, you will obviously need to be selective.

for more ideas try the dot point directly to the right of your post (last one in the top questions section) - the little chap in this thread is in a wheelchair so you could easily translate things like accesability issues for a stroller (if bubby is going into a pram) in any case, lots of useful stuff there. Also if you put "6 year old" into the search box directly above your post you will be able to access other posts on that topic.

cheers

helen

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
29 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Siem Reap with kids

hi

I pretty much covered most of the temples. I don't remember any temple is pram friendly. If you can do some little lifting of the pram, i guess following are some of the sights.

Ankor wat temple : Though it is a pyramid structure, without climbing up the pyramid, walking along the bas reliefs itself is a fulfuling experience with so much scriptures to see on the wall.

Banteay Srei is a small temple with completely flat stucture but far away from Siem reap.

Ta Prohm is another temple which is huge but flat land. But, you have to lift the pram few times as there are few steps here and there.

There are some very tiny sites that is easy to access but may not be of interest.

Check out about some more temples at http://nslaxx.blogspot.com

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
44 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Siem Reap with kids

I agree that most temples are not very pram friendly, in fact in every temple there will definitely be a certain number of stairs to climb. My suggestion would be to get those portable baby wrap carrier. And you probably nee to read up and choose which temples are the ones you are keen to see, then hire a driver/tuktuk to send you to those temples specifically

Hobart, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu
Level Contributor
3,599 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Siem Reap with kids

I wouldn't call Le Meridian being quite close to the temples - it is in town with most accommodation options - at least 15 minutes away

Regards

Suzi

5. Re: Siem Reap with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 pm, December 14, 2013