We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best restaurants in Siem Reap

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
63 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Best restaurants in Siem Reap

hi all

In your opinion, which are the best restaurants in Siem Reap? Want to sample some of the sublime cuisine that the city has to offer!

Siem Reap, Cambodia
Level Contributor
650 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Best restaurants in Siem Reap

#10 that place would either be Chili si Dang or Moloppor. Moloppor has cashew shakes, stupidly good.

Here's my list of current fav places to eat:

Schnitzel Wirtin (maybe weird to eat schnitzel in cambodia, but it's seriously good)

Chanrea Dom Makara on Sivatha (personal favorite for tasty khmer dishes)

Num Banh Chok at Preahdak (on the way to Banteay Srei)

Il Forno

Abacus

Cuisine Wat Damnak, the best food in town, no question (closed until October 22)

For Life (in an alley behind pub street)

Local BBQ (the best one imo is just east off Wat Bo on Samdech Tep Vong next to the Wat Bo gym, don't miss the corn)

Hawaii Pizza for the House Special

Star Rise Cheese Sandwich on Wat Bo for the crepes

Grazing street food the riverfront adjacent to the Old Market at about 5pm

Upstairs Cafe on Wat Bo if you need some cake

The Pork Sandwich Lady in the small market on the west side of the river at the corner of the road that cuts over to the hospital.

Go grazing in the center of the Old Market or in the alley behind Psar Leu during breakfast, by this I mean before 8 am. Have a look what everyone is eating, find something that looks good and pull up a rickety chair.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
8,174 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Best restaurants in Siem Reap

Hey Ellenm, did Touich fall off your list?

Siem Reap, Cambodia
Level Contributor
63 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Best restaurants in Siem Reap

My favourite restaurant in Siem Reap is Haven located on Soksan Rd behind XBar. Haven is run by a lovely Swiss couple and it is a training restaurant for older orphans. Great food and service and good Australian wine.

Siem Reap, Cambodia
Level Contributor
650 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Best restaurants in Siem Reap

Hi Lenny, Touich is still on the list (can't live too long without that fred flintstone pork rib) but I haven't been there in a while, too many new places to try :)

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
8,174 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Best restaurants in Siem Reap

:)

Tasmania
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Best restaurants in Siem Reap

Agree about Touich - food was so good that we went back the next day for more. It's far from the maddening crowds and he terrible road turns it into a sort of quest. Even our tuk-tuk driver was a bit alarmed. Don't worry just go.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
293 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Best restaurants in Siem Reap

Ellenem, went to Touich earlier in the week and loved it . I'd love to go again on this stay, but received an email that the father had died and they will be closed for mourning. Such a lovely family.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
423 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Best restaurants in Siem Reap

Hi Mattsmo

Reccommend a vegetarian resturant in Siam Reap, forget the name unfortunately. Its in a narrow street that runs paralell to Pub St. A big bbq resturant is near the vege place. The best curry and rice paper rolls by a mile, even my husban who is a meat eater loved the food.

Apologies I cant be more specific but when I was in Siem Reap and asked about vege resturants this place was always suggested.

The bbq place near the vege resturant does the best margaritas on the planet. Each margarita made to order with fresh pounded lime in a mortar and pestal.

Siem Reap, Cambodia
Level Contributor
650 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Best restaurants in Siem Reap

Veg place probably chamkar.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
51 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Best restaurants in Siem Reap

Touich is awesome! And not to worry because the owner can pick you up and drop you back, I would go there for a meal whenever I go siem reap!

The barbecue food at pub street is awesome too, I ate at the stall right smack at the turn of the lane, in fact I think most stalls have similar quality, go for the stall w the most locals!

The Mexican place is not bad too! The mojitos are worth every dollar!

There was this random restaurant on pub street that I went for the first day, my friend tried the baileys lagsagne- it was the most memorable and unique dish of the trip!