We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Giant Ibis Bus Company

Which Siem Reap hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
QLD
Level Contributor
99 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Giant Ibis Bus Company

Hi, I am curious to see if any one has used the Giant Ibis Bus service. I have booked seats on it from Phnom Penh to Siem Reip.

Thanks

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Giant Ibis Bus Company

Horrid. Caught the overnight trip from Siem Reap to Phnom Penh, the "onboard toilet" had no tissue, no water and didn't flush, and of course no stops for toilet breaks elsewhere. They also had the air con set to 11/10 and it was truly freezing. Really surprised when I saw others rate them highly.

Townsville...
Level Contributor
47 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Giant Ibis Bus Company

Our family of 6 used the giant I bis Bus from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap and were very happy with it,I notice someone used this service overnight and were not happy .We used it during the day and really couldn't fault it,reasonable toilet stops and for food,and we found the driver was very safe ,as this was our main concern after hearing about some of the "cowboys" driving coaches.

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
Save Reply
43. Re: Giant Ibis Bus Company

Hi , I am just asking where do the Giant Ibis bus stop at if I am going to take the night bus from Penom Penh ?

Is there a drop off place ? Thanks

Phume Phnom...
Level Contributor
12,631 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Giant Ibis Bus Company

The Giant Ibis bus company has its own depot within Siem Reap from which you take a tuk tuk to your respective hotel/guesthouse. Once you step outside of their depot with your bags it is a bit of a free for all with the tuk tuk drivers but this is common to all bus company terminals except for those using Mekong Express and who pre-order a tuk tuk on board.

In which case the/your tuk tuk will be waiting for you almost alongside the bus.

Best regards. Ian

45. Re: Giant Ibis Bus Company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:35 am, August 27, 2014
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: Giant Ibis Bus Company

I recently took the night bus on Giant Ibis from Phenom Phen to Siem Reap dispite the threat of imminent death by other trip advisor reviewers. Guess what? we survived. There was not one positive review and I was honestly concerned for my life. Was it comfortable? of course not! its a night bus haha. I slept the whole way but probably woke up every 30 min. the bed is obviously hard and the ride is bumpy. the staff was great. pillow, blanket and water provided. two staff members. I think we stopped twice? we did get in an hour later than expected. I'm 5'7" and was comfortable length wise. My friend is 6'1", lets just say his review wont be as glowing. if your over 5'9" this probably isnt a good option for you. you arrive at about 5am so my suggestion for you is to take a tuk tuk to your hotel drop your bags and use the same guy for the entire day at angkor wat. you'll get there before the crowds and before the heat. I think the night bus is a great option if your looking to save time and money. You might be tired when you get there but chances are you'll make it there alive.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
47. Re: Giant Ibis Bus Company

We have recently used Giant Ibis to Travel from Siem Reap to Phnom Pehn. Then From PP to Sihanoukville,

This seems to be the best and safest way to travel around Cambodia.

The only bad points is the Wifi worked for around 1 hour on the first trip and not at all again for the rest of the journey and on the Second trip from PP to Sihanoukville it didn't work at all!

Also the power points were broken on the bus on the first trip and on the second they were none existent!

Maybe Ibis shouldn't advertise wifi and power points as clearly they are not always available.

Another point is that on our trip from PP to Sihnaukville, the bus stopped about 2mins after it left the bus station just around the corner and picked up a local guy who appeared from off the back of a scooter, and then again about 5 mins later the bus stopped again at a random place and another local guy and his baby got on the bus, and was very chatty with the driver.

Neither of these people appeared to have tickets, We can only assume that they are friends of the driver/company who were hitching a free ride!!

Both of these guys got off the bus before we reached the bus station in sihnaukville.

Just a heads up if your bus has empty seats it will prob make an un-scheduled stop to pick friends up!

A bit annoying when you've paid for a ticket but suppose you got to remember you are in Asia.

All in all this company does seem like the safest and best company to travel with.

Sydney, Australia
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
48. Re: Giant Ibis Bus Company

Im sorry to say but my experience with Giant Ibis has been a disaster. I called them up yesterday and arranged a pick up fron the hotel i was staying in Sirm Reap. I was supposed to be picked up at 7:45 in the morning. Noone showed up of course so we had the receptionist call every 15 minutes for status updates. On every call they kept saying they have many customers to pick up but theyll be coming. At around 9:15 the story changed and they now told me the bus has departed since they thought i was already on board.Of course the bus never showed up at the hotel. What a joke of a company. I would definitely not recommend.

49. Re: Giant Ibis Bus Company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:05 am, April 20, 2015
malaysia
Level Contributor
14 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
50. Re: Giant Ibis Bus Company

have used it once.. advantage is newer bus,,but still 4 seats acros..u get a bottle of water and a packet of chips and hostess that does nothing.Costs about double some of the others and will take same time.

Get one of the cheaper bus servises and book 2 tickets