We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Tripadvisor
Siem Reap
Search

Laundry Like Home

New York, NY
Level Contributor
29 posts
108 reviews
60 helpful votes
Laundry Like Home
Save

Hello. Has anyone used the Laundry Like Home Services? How are the delivery and drop off service? Also, how much does it cost? I can't seem to find price quotes anywhere. thanks!!

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
21,085 posts
87 reviews
92 helpful votes
1. Re: Laundry Like Home
Save

this might help

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g297390-i9163-k…

siem reap
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
4 helpful votes
2. Re: Laundry Like Home
Save

the price is 2 dollar for a kg wash dry and fold , the do pick up at your hotel and bring it back the same day at the evening . It is a very busy laundry shop a run by a western guy . if you ask me its the best one in town

siem reap
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
4 helpful votes
3. Re: Laundry Like Home
Save

Hi,

I've been living now in Siem Reap for a couple of months and indeed you should be wary where to bring your laundry as sometimes the price is the same (or cheaper) but the quality (both of the laundry and their service) lacks Western standards.

I now personally bring it to a shop called LaundryLikeHome (It's in the middle of WatBo street and close to where I work). Their prices are ok ( most of the time prices go between 1-2 dollars in town depending on quality and reliability) and I have never had to complain about colours, ready-to-pick-up, or lost clothes...

I even believe they've got a website

Hope this helps.

Cheers

New York, NY
Level Contributor
29 posts
108 reviews
60 helpful votes
4. Re: Laundry Like Home
Save

Just to follow up on my original question. I ended using this service during my stay at Siem Reap. The pricing list is as follows:

$1.50 per kilo.

$0.50 per kilo for delivery if under 5 kilos.

$3.50 for express (which I used).

Add'l fee for ironing.

The owners came to pick up my clothes and dropped them off with my hotel at the end of the day. The total came out to just a little under $16. It may have been cheaper to do regular laundry service with my hotel but by that time it was too late (we were leaving the next day). Express service was a pricey but then again we were desperate! Clothes came back clean, folded, and in a large clear bag. Overall we were satisfied.

George Town, Grand...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
8 helpful votes
5. Re: Laundry Like Home
Save

We also used these guys a few weeks ago, very pleased with the service. They came to our hotel to cllect the washing and dropped it all off clean and neatly folded. Very pleased with the service and price.

Walmer, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
345 reviews
187 helpful votes
6. Re: Laundry Like Home
Save

We used this laundry yesterday. Excellent service and they delivered it all fully ironed to our Hotel (which is probably the furthest hotel from them). We had 26 items laundered and it cost us $13.50. In comparison our hotel would have charged $52.50 for the same items. Charge was $3 per kilo washed and ironed, $1.75 washed and dried. We recommend them wholeheartedly.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
18 posts
34 reviews
131 helpful votes
7. Re: Laundry Like Home
Save

I recently had the misfortune of using this service while on holiday in Siem Reap. No matter what the website might say the service offered is NOT what is advertised. To begin with, the staff speaks little to no English. As such, I was told through my Cambodian driver that I would receive my laundry the next day even though I was there at 9:00am. So much for same day service. When I insisted that I needed it same day, I finally found someone that said that they would do it, but for a charge, which was fine. This took about 10 minutes to get sorted out. Then, I requested that I wanted it delivered to my hotel by the end of the day, and I was told in no uncertain terms that this was not possilbe. My hotel was about 0.5km from the laundry service, so it wasn't that far. I was touring Angkor Wat that day, so I would not be back before close of business. That being said, they refused me delivery. I told them through my driver that the website said that they delivered, and I was refused. There's more to the story, but the bottom line is that this company misrepresents its services on-line and over charges for a basic laundry service, which is offered at hundreds of places throughout the city for less money. Take a pass on this service. It's pretty bad!

Malaysia
Level Contributor
103 posts
32 reviews
54 helpful votes
8. Re: Laundry Like Home
Save

I've used them a couple of times, service depends on luck. Staff can't speak English, had sour faces. They used to advertise same day delivery if laundry handed in before 9am.

Now, I have to pay extra for same day delivery even if before 9am. They send my clean laundry to my hotel free of charge though, claimed it was because I'm a regular..

siem reap
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
4 helpful votes
9. Re: Laundry Like Home
Save

Dear Christian,

After further investigating with my staff the story seemed to have been different than what we both thought in the beginning.

It's true that my staff first said the laundry could only be ready in the late afternoon next day. When she showed you the prices for same-day-service you agreed to have it ready the same day.Your driver asked in Khmer if the laundry would be ready at 5pm. My staff asked the driver if 6.30pm would be possible for you as well. You said that was ok.

At 7pm your driver called my staff and asked them to wait a little as he was on the way to pick up your laundry. My staff told him the shop normally closes at 7pm, but that they would wait. They waited until 7.15pm, but to no avail.

The driver then called again around 8pm that he was in front of the shop and asked the staff to return to the shop and open the shop. My staff doesn't live close to work and told him this wasn't possible and that they open the shop again the next day at 7am so he could pick up your laundry at that time.

This morning we called to your driver. He apologized to us and told us that he had actually forgotten about the laundry and only picked it up the next day.

So your laundry was actually ready at 6.30pm the same day, but your driver apparently made a mistake and didn't pick it up.

I wish you a very nice holiday and leisure time in Cambodia.

Kind regards,

Carlo Toye

Malaysia
Level Contributor
103 posts
32 reviews
54 helpful votes
10. Re: Laundry Like Home
Save

olrac, you're self-advertising. you pretended to be a customer, then revealed to be the owner.

"if you ask me its the best one in town"

"I now personally bring it to a shop called LaundryLikeHome.. I have never had to complain about colours, ready-to-pick-up, or lost clothes... I even believe they've got a website"

"After further investigating with MY staff.."

Get answers to your questions about Siem Reap