We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mr. San Park - excellent Siem Reap tour guide

federal way
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Mr. San Park - excellent Siem Reap tour guide

My husband and I spent two days on a private tour with Mr. San Park in Siem Reap last week. We thought he did an excellent job, and we really enjoyed his company. He responded promptly to all my inquiries before we left the US, and proposed an interesting itinerary after learning a little about us. His price was very reasonable. He met us at our hotel exactly as promised, with a driver. His English was excellent and it was never difficult to understand him.

He was very knowledgeable about Cambodian history and did a great job of pointing out many details at the ruins which we would never have noted ourselves. He also did his best to avoid the huge tour groups, so we were not stuck behind them. Furthermore, he was very personable, and was willing to share with us details of his own personal history when we asked about his life, so that we felt like we got to know him a little as a person. This made our trip to Siem Reap much more than just a visit to fabulous ruins.

When I was going to be excluded from the upper temple at Angkor Wat because my shoulders were bare, he arranged for me to rent a T shirt from a nearby vendor. And last but not least, he had a great sense of humor and joined me in having fun and enjoying hearty laughter on several occasions.

We were both very satisfied and recommend him highly! His E mail is sanpark.angkor@googlemail.com

Flora Blattner

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
41 reviews
1. Re: Mr. San Park - excellent Siem Reap tour guide

Thank you for this post and for recommending San. My wife and I hired him Jan 2013 and his service is first class. Thank you

goldcoast
Level Contributor
131 posts
15 reviews
2. Re: Mr. San Park - excellent Siem Reap tour guide

We are going in April 2013, I will get in contact with him, I was looking for someone.

Amanda

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
151 reviews
3. Re: Mr. San Park - excellent Siem Reap tour guide

Thank you!

We are going to Siem Reapin July so hopefully he will be free to take us on a tour.

I have also been looking for a good recommendation.

Christchurch, New...
2 posts
1 review
4. Re: Mr. San Park - excellent Siem Reap tour guide

Just wondering what sort of cost was he for the 2 days you used him just to give approximate idea.

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
19,900 posts
86 reviews
5. Re: Mr. San Park - excellent Siem Reap tour guide

there are hundreds of great guides in Siem Reap ... look here tripadvisor.com/Travel-g297390-c107585/Siem-… and look for those with recommendations by people who contribute to the forum not just those who post a single glowing comment and are never heard from again. Read between the lines as it looks like many recommendations are written by the guides themselves.

going rate for a guide is $25/day (per group)

Christchurch, New...
2 posts
1 review
6. Re: Mr. San Park - excellent Siem Reap tour guide

Yes I am aware of people self posting was just trying to get idea of approx costs but appreciate the feedback.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1 post
27 reviews
7. Re: Mr. San Park - excellent Siem Reap tour guide

In January 2013, I visited Siem Reap. Through the recommendation of a friend, I requested the services of San Park to take me to Angkor Wat and other places of interest. I had only two days to visit, so was limited on the number of places to go. San Park customized my itinerary to cover the most important aspects of the region. I can honestly say that San Park is the BEST guide anyone could hire!

From the moment San Park greeted me at my hotel, he was friendly, professional and extremely knowledgeable. With his extensive background of the sites, he knew exactly where to take me to see highlights of Angkor Wat and the various temples. I am an avid photographer and very much appreciated San Park's suggestions on the best place to take photos. We also traveled to Tonle Sap, the Floating Village, where I was fascinated by the houses on stilts, the floating homes on the river and the culture and everyday life of the people. Needless to say, I was snapping photos left and right. During a meal, he introduced me to local dishes that were fabulous. Looking at the photos bring back many great memories of my stay in Siem Reap.

I have recommended San Park to many of my friends, one from Paris who subsequently hired him and raved of his services. I could not have asked for a better guide. His website is www.angkor-temple-guides.com/home.aspx.

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,142 posts
92 reviews
8. Re: Mr. San Park - excellent Siem Reap tour guide

Pleas do not post personal reviews of guides on the forums. If you want to write-up a review of your guide, you can do so here

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g297390-c107585/Siem-…

There is a seperate section for drivers, see above righthand corner under "Top Questions"...

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Level Contributor
75 posts
17 reviews
9. Re: Mr. San Park - excellent Siem Reap tour guide

Useful tips. Thanks

Adelaide
Level Contributor
4,621 posts
203 reviews
10. Re: Mr. San Park - excellent Siem Reap tour guide

And never trust the glowing forum reviews from anyone who hasn't contributed in some way shape or form to the other topics on these Cambodian forums.