We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Treat hotel choice

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
58 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
Treat hotel choice

We are hoping to treat ourselves to one of the luxury hotels for 2 nights while in siem reap. Both raffles and orient express hotels have similar priced offers. Wondering if anyone on forum has stayed in both or could advise? We'll be staying much cheaper places on rest of trip so really want to make the most of this splurge.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
147 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Treat hotel choice

what about De La Paix?

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
19,669 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Treat hotel choice

or the Victoria Angkor Resort

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
292 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Treat hotel choice

second helens choice,at although you could come down one star to the"royal Bay inn" (www.royalbayinnangkor.com) and be in center of siem reap)..while in siem reap go and visit the Javerman childrens hospital near the victoria hotel and buy their dvd "your money or your blood". also try and attend the weekly concert given by"Dr Beat" (billboards around town)

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
19,669 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Treat hotel choice

sorry Rabbit,- have to disagree Royal Bay doesn't count as luxury in my book - nice rooms etc, but their bath like pool (waaaaay too hot to be called relaxing) and lack of up-market landscaping rount the pool kills any thought of high end in my book.

I've only ever drooled over the fence/through the gate at the Victoria but if I was after a luxury end to my Cambodia trip that's certainly where I'd be going - it is beautiful.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Treat hotel choice

Raffles is a good choice for old world charm,

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
15,163 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Treat hotel choice

NO WAY is the Royal Bay Inn in anywhere near the same league as Victoria Angkor or Raffles Grand d'Angkor. It's not just a star or two inferior but a whole galaxy!

Regards. Ian

Siem Reap
Level Contributor
512 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Treat hotel choice

Victoria Angkor is one of the best hotels in town. Great service, luxury and good atmosphere which many of the top hotels fail to deliver on.

new orleans
Level Contributor
23 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Treat hotel choice

Is the Victoria Angkor better than the Pavillion de Orient? They are @ the same price.

9. Re: Treat hotel choice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:22 am, January 14, 2013