We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tuk Tuk driver and Little Angels Orphenage

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Tuk Tuk driver and Little Angels Orphenage

My husband and I just got back from a Southeast Asian adventure and I must say that our time in Siem Reap was one of our highlights. The reason our time was so special was because of our Tuk Tuk driver. The reccomendation came via Facebook from an old friend, so I felt comfortable contacting him.

He was prompt and reliable and spoke very good English - trust me this is a plus. Though he was not an official guide, he knew a lot about the history of the temples, but did not overwhelm us with information.

He took us around the usual temples and then a bit off the beaten path. A gorgeous hike that led to hidden ruins made us feel like real life Indiana Jones. Then we got to experience village life when we stopped off to explore and meet some of his friends. Every restaurant and place he picked was special and made us feel a part his world for a few days.

We wanted to visit an orphenage, so he not only selected one slightly out of town that does not get as much attention from tourists, but helped us pick out food and negotiate a good price for rice and other necessities.

By the end of our trip, this man was not only our driver but our friend. I strongly reccommend him to help make your adventure better.

If you want his email or information, just let me know. shoot me an email. I can also tell you about the orphenage we visited. These kids were something else... 60 kids live together, go to school, learn English and make some incredible artwork. We bought a few pices for under $10 and they are so special to us and proudly adorn our walls.

We are currently in communication with the director (a former orphan) to try to help him keep up with the demand for food and school supplies.

We loved Siem Reap from Dr. Feet massages, to the black ginger and sesame gelato, to the kebabs on the street, and the fabulous Amok we enjoyed over lunch.

Siem Reap is amazing... enjoy !

Mentioned in this post
Siem Reap
Siem Reap
Siem Reap Province, Cambodia
Amok Restaurant
Amok Restaurant
1,002 Reviews
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
8,718 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tuk Tuk driver and Little Angels Orphenage

Wonderful to read about your experiences! So many of us who have visited ended up feeling exactly the same. Like many of us, you will probably get an irresistible urge to return when it is possible. And make sure to spread the word to your friends and acquaintances that they should put Cambodia on their travel wish lists!

Be well

Mentioned in this post
China
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tuk Tuk driver and Little Angels Orphenage

Hi, I plan visit Siem Reap next month, it will be nice if you chould share with me your Tuk Tuk driver's contract information.

Thanks

BR

Coco

Mentioned in this post
Siem Reap
Siem Reap
Siem Reap Province, Cambodia
Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tuk Tuk driver and Little Angels Orphenage

I just sent the info to you. Does anyone know if I can post the email address on here? Does that break the solicitation rules of TA?

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
739 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tuk Tuk driver and Little Angels Orphenage

I would doubt if you have any problem posting the email address on here as many of the others have done just that and they weren't removed.

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
19,427 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tuk Tuk driver and Little Angels Orphenage

send it by PM

firstly no risk of getting nuked and secondly it protects your friends email address. I never post my friend Suwan's email here - he does not need his email inbox filled up with spam. this and there has been a number of email addresses in Cambodia hacked recently so better safe than sorry

cheers

helen

Mentioned in this post
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tuk Tuk driver and Little Angels Orphenage

Hello Alanadancer,

great article about your experience in Siem riep. We would love to have to the email address from your tuc tuc driver.

Many thanks already in advance.

MJ

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tuk Tuk driver and Little Angels Orphenage

Hi, I would be interested in your Tuk Tuk drivers contact details as I will be in Cambodia at the end of the month. Thanks

Edited: 6:55 am, May 09, 2010
Mentioned in this post
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tuk Tuk driver and Little Angels Orphenage

Hi, I would be interested in your Tuk Tuk drivers contact details as I will be in Cambodia at the end of the month. Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tuk Tuk driver and Little Angels Orphenage

Mentioned in this post
Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,125 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tuk Tuk driver and Little Angels Orphenage

Ask Helen, she can recommend a good tuk-tuk driver.

Get answers to your questions about Siem Reap