We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

S/R temples

bristol uk
Level Contributor
842 posts
Save Topic
S/R temples

They say its $40US for a 3 day pass to the temples,do you have to pay in US or can you you pay in local currency,ie:Cambodian riels.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,861 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: S/R temples

US$40 for the pass. No one carries that much Riel in Cambodia.

Buy you pass after 4pm and you get to stay that afternoon for free and can watch sunset over Angkor Wat.

Pics and stories of our recent trip here ... www.thebobmarsh.com

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
145 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: S/R temples

Hi BobnJanette, i think its actually after 5pm, not 4pm-

Validity

Angkor Passes issued between 5 a.m. in the morning and 5 p.m. in the afternoon are valid the same day. Angkor Passes issued after 5 p.m. in the afternoon are valid the same day until sunset and also the next day. Other than this exception, visitors may NOT buy a ticket in advance.

Thats from the Apsara Authority website-

autoriteapsara.org/en/…20pass.html

I was there in May this year and I can remember getting to the booths late in the afternoon and having to sit around in the tuktuk for a while because the driver told me i was too early.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,861 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: S/R temples

Ok thanks for that Sandgroper. Come to think of it we were early and had to wait a few minutes for them to seel the tickets.

Cheers

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
99 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: S/R temples

Depending on your length of stay, you can purchase all you need with US dollars. No need to convert money, Everyone accepts dollars, including the souvenir sellers at the temples.

5. Re: S/R temples

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 pm, October 09, 2009