We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Phnom Phen to Siem Reap

Which Siem Reap hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Israel
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bus from Phnom Phen to Siem Reap

Hi, my husband and I are getting to Phnom Phen by airasia at 16:00 and want to travel directly to Siem Raep, without staying the night in Phnom Phen, but as i searched i saw the last bus come out at around 14:00 or so... Is there a way to get to Siem Raep at this time? or it's better to book a night at Phnom Phen and get the earliest bus next day to Siem Reap?

Siem Reap, Cambodia
Level Contributor
648 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Phnom Phen to Siem Reap

Mekong Express has the last bus out at 14:00. You could hire a taxi if you're dead set on going the same day, but I wouldn't.

You'll find in Cambodia you want to be off the highway after dark. Stay the night in Phnom Penh and head out early the next morning. Your hotel can get the bus tickets for you. Here's the schedules:

canbypublications.com/siemreap/srtransp.htm

Tokyo
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Phnom Phen to Siem Reap

You can go by airplanes to Siem Reap on the same day. It takes only 30mins. Very convenient. Check Siem Reap Airways (Bangkok Airways subsidy).The price is USD100(tax included) one way.

If you take the bus the next morning the bus leaves at 7:30am and arrives Siem Reap at 12pm. In that case, I recommend Mekong Express, it is the best.

Why not giving Phnom Penh some times? It is a nice city. If you are worried about security, that is not the problem anymore, It is ranked safer than New York and London recently. I was surprised, but yea.

Israel
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Phnom Phen to Siem Reap

Thanx for the replays I think we will stay the night in Phnom Phen, where do we take the bus?

I already made a reservation at the Hotel in Siem Reap, is it possible to change the date? the hotel is Tara Angkor.

Thanx again for your help

4. Re: Bus from Phnom Phen to Siem Reap

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, October 04, 2009