We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

URGENT HELP-- flight from Siem reap to Luang Prabang

Which Siem Reap hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jakarta
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
URGENT HELP-- flight from Siem reap to Luang Prabang

I have never before experienced the huge frustration planning for a trip as I tried planning on Cambodia - Laos trip next May.

It seems like I have to juggle the itinerary every time I make a move..

Now I have reduced it to one problem.

FLIGHT FROM SIEM REAP TO LUANG PRABANG.

Could anybody help me with this please.

Is there any? how can I book it and how much does it cost?.... The LP says Siemreap airways flys it..., but the web cannot take any booking.

So please Help.

Kanazawa, Japan
Level Contributor
3,920 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: URGENT HELP-- flight from Siem reap to Luang Prabang

Lao Airlines. Same question just a couple down the page. tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297390-i9163-k184…

They say they have online booking but it does not work with my Mac and browser. Maybe you'll have better luck. You can contact them via the website in the thread I linked you to and they'll help you.

Jakarta
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: URGENT HELP-- flight from Siem reap to Luang Prabang

Hi fish2, thanks very much for your reply.

Yah, sorry I saw the posting a second after I sent mine.

I was able to access Laoairlines by Internet Explorer.

but the e-tickets available thru this web are NOT direct flights...have to make at least 1 stop ie Vientiane..., take so long time and cost so unbelievably expensive.

I am wondering if we need to change itinerary, ie fly from Siem Reap to Vientiane.., take the bus.., then fly out to Bangkok-Jakarta from Luang Prabang.

Kanazawa, Japan
Level Contributor
3,920 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: URGENT HELP-- flight from Siem reap to Luang Prabang

Did you write to them or call them? I see flights via Pakse but not Vientienne, unless it's not listed? I don't doubt it is expensive, as it's pretty much only a tourist route. If you will have 3 flights within the Bangkok Airways, Lao Airlines and Siem Reap Airways group then perhaps a Bangkok Airways Discovery Airpass would help with cost. You need to call Bangkok Airways to book it, or get a travel agent to do it. www.bangkokair.com

Jakarta
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: URGENT HELP-- flight from Siem reap to Luang Prabang

Using the service of travel agent is a great idea fish2. Can you recommend one please?

Thanks

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,081 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: URGENT HELP-- flight from Siem reap to Luang Prabang

vietnam airlines fly this route, direct, rep-plx, nice f70 jets so it's smoother and quicker and costs less than lao airlines. They have a website that works too, but most travel agents can sort out a ticket

Kanazawa, Japan
Level Contributor
3,920 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: URGENT HELP-- flight from Siem reap to Luang Prabang

Lao Airlines lists travel agents who sell tickets on their website. I'd use one of them.

Jakarta
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: URGENT HELP-- flight from Siem reap to Luang Prabang

Fantastic news Paulo..., thank u very much.,

I checked the web. the schedule starts from 31 march till Oct.

Perfect..will take this flight...Would you also know how much it costs and how to purchase?

I would be arriving in Phnom Penh on 29 May, take a bus to Siem Reap and fly out on 1 June...

Can I buy ticket when in Phom Penh or it might be sold out ?

Thanks again

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,081 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: URGENT HELP-- flight from Siem reap to Luang Prabang

well, I booked this this flight as an add-on with trailfinders who sorted out my international flights, you can book on the vietnam web site or at a travel agent when you get to asia, but any good travel agent will have access to this flight... the flight I was on was not so busy as people seem not to know about this routing so maybe you could leave it until you get there... can't remember the price, but I know that it was cheaper than the lao option

Jakarta
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: URGENT HELP-- flight from Siem reap to Luang Prabang

no, the website doesnot take booking or purchasing.

it only gives the schedule and booking offices in Vietnam. Anyway, I will try to search for more info.

Thank you so much Paulo and fish2

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,081 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: URGENT HELP-- flight from Siem reap to Luang Prabang

yes you are right about the website, you can only make changes to existing bookings, sorry for the mis-information. However you can book the flight on expedia so frankly any local travel agent should be able to do so too.

Have a good trip, both countries are fantastic places

cheers