We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 Full days plan in Siem Reap

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
14 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
3 Full days plan in Siem Reap

Hi, I am cracking my head to plan for my trip to Angkor archeology park, siem reap from. Is there any travel master who can give me some enlightment please???..

Meanwhile, I would like to travel to Tonle Sap as well.But I heard that it might not worth going as the water level sat down during my visit ( 8~10 April). Any good recommendations?

Thank you very much~ :>

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1,858 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 Full days plan in Siem Reap

Here is a good guide to the park

canbypublications.com/siemreap/srstarted.htm

...with suggested itineraries

canbypublications.com/siemreap/sritinerary.h…

....and more detailed descriptions of temples with photos if you want to expand your ideas of where to go

canbypublications.com/siemreap/srtemples.htm

Florida
Level Contributor
2,219 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 Full days plan in Siem Reap

I flew back a couple weeks ago from a great visit to SR and Tonle Sap. Yes, the water level is lower in the dry season, but all the boats are still easily getting to the lake from the docking area. After having it explained to me how the dirt road gets over-run with water in the rainy season, I'm glad I went in the dry season.

I used the services of John Teng for my tour of the temples, and he had a great driver (with car), named Nang. Going to the lake you only need a driver and car, and Nang was great. His English is very good, and because he is training to be a guide, himself, he explains everything fully.

Contact John Teng and Nang at: http://www.angkorservice.com/

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
28 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 Full days plan in Siem Reap

hi! we're travelling to angkor also 2 wks after you (apr 29-may3)... and up to now i also don't have a plan/itinerary yet! I prefer to go with a tour guide though...

Do share your experience when you're back from the trip. I'd love to hear from you and get some ideas...

thanks. =)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
14 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 Full days plan in Siem Reap

Thank you fellow travel masters!

In relation to Siem reap as well, I heard of a cultural dance called Apsasa Dance which can be found in local restorant. Is there any recommendation of restorant with nice show with affordable price?

5. Re: 3 Full days plan in Siem Reap

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 pm, September 23, 2009