We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone stayed in the Rivergarden in Siem Reap?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
207 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Anyone stayed in the Rivergarden in Siem Reap?

Hi there,

Was just wondering if anyone had stayed or heard of the Rivergarden in Siem Reap. Only a few reviews on TA, is it new? Also I've heard the location is a little out of town, how cheap are Tuks Tuks to say the Old Market area? Are they easy to get or do the Guesthouses usually organise them for you? Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Siem Reap
Siem Reap
Siem Reap Province, Cambodia
usa
Level Contributor
224 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone stayed in the Rivergarden in Siem Reap?

i have been pasted the rivergardens ,,it looks ok,,tuk tuks outside about $2 into town

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
95 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone stayed in the Rivergarden in Siem Reap?

Hi goldcoastgirl87,

I stayed with my family last January at the Rivergarden.

The hotel is really nice and has a foreign standard with a local touch : The owner is Australian.

Rooms are extremely clean and nice decoration. Mosquitos nets are provided as well a nice smelling mosquitos killign spray.

The breakfast is ok but basic. The prices are a little high for the local standard, but the quality is good. The gardens of the hotel are really nice.

Staff is extremely friendly .

Location is not so good, as is not in the city center, but is not problem, as you can move in Tuk Tuk. Basically we spent the day at Angkor, then came back to the hotel for shower and rest and at night go downtown for dinner. Tuk Tuks are abundant and cheap.

Rivergarden sent a tuk tuk for pick up at the bus terminal ( with no cost ) and organized a taxi for the airport.

Overall, I woul stay there again and would recommend it.

Hope this helps.

3. Re: Anyone stayed in the Rivergarden in Siem Reap?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 am, September 23, 2009