We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel de la Paix or The One for Honeymoon?

New York, NY
4 posts
Save Topic
Hotel de la Paix or The One for Honeymoon?

I like The One's intimacy... but heard great things about the Hotel de la Paix as well. What's your vote for a 2 night honeymoon stay in Siem Reap?

France
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel de la Paix or The One for Honeymoon?

Hi,

I stayed with my husband in a newly open boutique-hotel, Pavillon d'Orient. This hotel is located on one road to temples. If you like intimacy and you are on honeymoon, this is really the perfect spot. You will also find an excellent and discreet service.

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
220 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel de la Paix or The One for Honeymoon?

I'm not suggesting for a second that you may drink alcohol on your honeymoon, but the Hotel de la Paix is the only hotel I have stayed in that has 'champagne' and vodka (to mix up a bloody mary) in the chilled section along with fruits and other juices for breakfast.

cheers

bfg

Southern California
Level Contributor
530 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel de la Paix or The One for Honeymoon?

RAFFLES GRAND D'ANGKOR...

I am originally a NYer & if you want GREAT service & ROMANTIC atmosphere, there is NO question you want to stay at RAFFLES.

We were in a POOLSIDE CABANA room w/ a king bed (they have giant, sexy bathtubs w/ wonderful bathroom toiletries plus a separate marble walk-in shower w/ a rainfall or massage setting)... w/ Egyptian sheets... the mattress is wonderful (not hard or low like many Asian hotels).

Room service is terrific & the same price as the lower price dining room. I do not know what the other poster is referring to, there is VODKA & GIN & CHAMPAGNE in the room's bar w/ tonic mixer. I drank it. They will bring sliced lime & ice within a minute of a call.

The pool area is beautiful, the service by the pool makes you feel like a millionaire.... it's the largest pool in all of ASIA.

The grounds are gorgeous. If you want antiques, get a LANDMARK ROOM that over looks the pool... canopy beds. The poolside cabana rooms have their own terraces where you can sit in your bathrobe... or watch the Khmer dance show at night by the poolside pavilion.

The breakfast buffet is the best I've ever had... champagne, cheese from France, Japanese, Thai, Chinese & western breakfasts, about 11 different FRESH SQUEEZED juice (watermelon, mango)... Don't even consider staying anywhere else.

Every time you enter the hotel you are greeted w/ jasmine scented moist, COLD towels on a silver tray.

If you want to see temples, it's a great location. The entire hotel is enclosed so you are in A/C w/ no mosquitoes when you are inside.

I was treated like royalty & staff knew my name & greeted me as I walked about.

If you want a great guide (he took care of us like family):

LENGTEK@YAHOO.COM

If you email me privately I can suggest some stuff do to.

Get an eVisa from the Cambodian embassy's website, fast, easy, safe & you whisk through immigration in a special line.

I am a NYer & I know from good service. If you want romance, this colonial mansion is romance incarnate.

Mentioned in this post
angkor
angkor
19 Reviews
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Asia
Asia
World
4. Re: Hotel de la Paix or The One for Honeymoon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, September 22, 2009