We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rate for Hotel De La Paix

singapore
1 post
Save Topic
Rate for Hotel De La Paix

What's the best rate for the moment for Hotel de La Paix?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
735 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rate for Hotel De La Paix

I just googled this hotel, and the best rate is $350 USD.

Kanazawa, Japan
Level Contributor
3,920 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rate for Hotel De La Paix

Depends what type room you are looking at and your dates. Mittapheap travel in Cambodia has good rates. www.mittapheap.com/hotels/Hview.asp…

The Hotel de la Paix itself offers lots of different rates and packages that are below rack rate as well. http://www.hoteldelapaixangkor.com/

Tadworth, United...
Level Contributor
75 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rate for Hotel De La Paix

Have just returned from HDLP. We booked the hotel's own online 2 day rate at 255USD per night which includes breakfast, airport pick up and one khmer meal (very good), then added another two b and b nights at 235 USD. Tax etc of 17% on top. Hope this helps. This was a little cheaper than our travel agents best rate.

los angeles
Level Contributor
537 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rate for Hotel De La Paix

Gaspari, was it worth it to stay there? that's a lot of money for Siem Reap!

Waikiki, Hawaii
Level Contributor
22 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rate for Hotel De La Paix

Yeah, I don't get these $250 room rates in Siem Reap! I mean, where is this, Manhattan? I am looking around on other sites and I was quoted a nice guest house for $15, up to a medium ranged hotel with A/C for $50! $250 for Cambodia? Someone is getting ripped off.

Tadworth, United...
Level Contributor
75 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rate for Hotel De La Paix

It is alot of money for Siem Reap, but was less than we were quoted for the Sofitel.The luxury hotels seem to price to the international market rather than the local one all over the world. We enjoyed our stay, although if we returned we would probably try the Meridien which looked lovely and had better space, pool and resort facilities, which is quite important with the heat. There are lots of what look like good modern hotel properties in Siem Reap, which I am sure would be quite satisfactory at less money. Depends what you want from a hotel.

Food, rooms, ambience and location at the de la Paix are good, but pool disappointing. Perhaps didn't quite live up to the hype for us, although after a poor experience in Phnom Pehn, we looked back fondly at it!

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
364 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rate for Hotel De La Paix

USD$350 for a room at De La Paix is too expensive. The hotel is art deco theme...but I guess if you are in Siem Reap, you'll need a hotel with Cambodian theme. I found Hotel Prince D'Angkor as more reasonable in rates and they have beautiful rooms and facilities.

Check out my hotel review :

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g297390-d581…

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Level Contributor
13 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rate for Hotel De La Paix

The Hotel de la Paix is expensive, I agree, but if you check the background to the hotel you will find that it is run with its sister hotel Shinta Mani to train local Cambodians in hospitality. I think that rather than going to a foreign run guesthouse or one of the large multinational hotels which really are there to make a profit for themselves, staying in a hotel which is so active in helping young Cambodians so that they can go on to make better lives for themselves and their families is part of being a responsible traveller.

I know that you can go and stay for 10-20$ at a cheap hotel, but for 25$ you can go and stay at the Paul Dubrule Hotel school out near the airport, this is also a training centre and the money helps to train young Cambodians in hospitality. Having the money to travel does bring with it a responsibility to help the countries we visit. You can do this cheaply (Paul Dubrule) or expensively (Hotel de la Paix, Shinta Mani) but you can do it!

Kanazawa, Japan
Level Contributor
3,920 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rate for Hotel De La Paix

Not that anything is wrong with the Hotel de la Paix...but it is not Cambodian owned or managed. It is owned and managed by the Thai hospitatlity company Bed Management.

http://www.bedmgmt.com/about/

10. Re: Rate for Hotel De La Paix

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, September 18, 2009