We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Siem Reap with pregnant partner and 23 month son

Sydney
Level Contributor
6 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Siem Reap with pregnant partner and 23 month son

We retrurned a week ago after spending 4 wonderful nights at Siem Reap. I had previosly posted a forum question reagrding the suitability of travelling and the response was on the whole negative. I should point out that I am a doctor myself and had a number of misgivings. However I made the decision to travel nontheless.

My partner and child could not use any DEET products so I had some more natural non DEET mozzie protection. I also carried plug in repellers.

We had no problems whatsoever.

We had a guide (Tek Leng) and a driver. This is by far the best way to see the temples. We saw all the main ones and went on the lake as well. We had an an elephant ride that the boy enjoyed. All the temples are quite easy to walk around and having the air-conditioned car at the end made it easy. Tek was fantastic and we really learned a lot. He even took us to his local noodle roadside stand for a memorable meal. He is highly reccomended.

We stayed at the Prince D'Angkor which was very good. It was very close (walking) distance to the markets and restaurants. The food in Siem Reap is great: lots of variety and cheap.

We shopped at the Artisans D'Angkor and the markets. We walked everywhere and felt very safe.

Overall it was a great holiday.

Do not be put off travelling with kids. Siem Reap is an excellent destination and Angkor should be seen by everyone.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
299 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Siem Reap with pregnant partner and 23 month son

Hi Sydney,

I'm one of the people who gave you a negative response to your initial question of traveling with your pregnant wife and young son.

I'm so pleased that everything went well for you and your family and you had a great trip. I will from now on keep all negative thoughts to myself and try to be more positive to young families traveling to destinations that are off the beaten track.

Thank goodness you had a more optimistic view of things and went ahead with your trip.

Best wishes,

Billy.

2. Re: Siem Reap with pregnant partner and 23 month son

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 pm, September 12, 2009