We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

finding an English tour guide, October 16

Philadelphia
2 posts
Save Topic
finding an English tour guide, October 16

Hello,

Can anyone suggest what the best way would be to find a tour guide beginning late morning on October 16th? If anyone "cool" (i.e. not the "ugly tourist" type) would be interested in sharing an English guide for that day, please let me know -- I arrive in S.R. that morning, will check into hotel and am interested in seeing the important temples from about 10:00 AM up until about sunset. Don't need to see **every** temple, just the biggies. Hoping to avoid tourist traps along the way....

Adam, 45

Philadelphia USA

Birmingham, uk
Level Contributor
883 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: finding an English tour guide, October 16

At this late stage I suspect your best bet is via your hotel or driver. Contact the hotel asap as they usually need at least a days notice

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
127 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: finding an English tour guide, October 16

John Teng is a fantastic licenced guide. He is often booked well in advance but you be lucky. He maybe able to recommend someone. His brother is also a licenced guide. Many on this Forum speak highly of JOhn Teng and we used him earlier this year.

He was perfect. Licenced, honest, very nice man and knows the area and people. His name is John Teng,

Mobiles: + 855 16 51 8888 + 855 12 99 5977

johnangkor@yahoo.com

www.angkorservice.com

I would recommend him to anyone wanting a well run tour.

Canon City, Colorado
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: finding an English tour guide, October 16

I highly recommend Muon Sophanna We call him Pana. He is highly skilled in English and works with many tourists. I am sure that he could accomodate you with an additional tourist. We were with him for 3 days and we didn't experience any tourist traps. Just the temples and the Lake and he managed to avoid all crowds. His mobile is +855 12203474 Also if he is not booked on that day--his fees are so reasonable that you may want to just go with him and the driver on your own. He is licensed and is a pleasure to listen to. His email is: sophanna_muon@yahoo.com He just had a baby so be generous with your tips.

4. Re: finding an English tour guide, October 16

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 pm, September 11, 2009