We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight to SR from Singapore

U.S.A. ( the land...
Level Contributor
4,163 posts
Save Topic
Flight to SR from Singapore

Can anyone on this forum advise me on the best option, cost-wise, for a flight from Singapore to SR? We found SilkAir to be relatively expensive; we are flying SQ from the U.S to Singapore and in the process of booking our flights to and from Siem Reap using the same airline ( from Changi and back ), we were given a ticket price of 900 dollars ( return) per person. Any less expensive alternatives from Singapore to Siem Reap and back? Thanks!

Kanazawa, Japan
Level Contributor
3,920 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight to SR from Singapore

Jet Star. Only on Tuesdays, Fridays and Sundays, departing SIN at 6:00 AM. www.jetstar.com We used this flight this August and it was fine...under 2 hours, seats were big enough, food/drink available for purchase. Only bad thing is the departure time.

You might also try for promo fares on Silk Air. They had some for August that ended up cheaper than Jet Star...but we were only going one way (returning home from Bangkok) and the Silk Air promo fares are only valid for round trip purchase.

Also try booking your tickets all the way through to Siem Reap with Singapore as a stopover and see how that price comes out.

U.S.A. ( the land...
Level Contributor
4,163 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight to SR from Singapore

fish2, thank you so very much! I went to Jet Star's site and found fares as low as 78 dollars - now we'll have to do some juggling of dates. We are flying on to India after our 4 days in Siem Reap and then back to the U.S, so it got a bit complicated trying to book multi-destination flights within the time period of our vacation without losing too many days to air travel/ stop-overs. Thanks again!

Perth, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight to SR from Singapore

Hi, have a look at the Jetstar website - they have cheap flights from Singapore to Siem Reap.

U.S.A. ( the land...
Level Contributor
4,163 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight to SR from Singapore

Thanks, Moonbice - I already did ( see my previous post), after Fish2 gave me the very helpful information.

U.S.A. ( the land...
Level Contributor
4,163 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Flight to SR from Singapore

Fish2 - just an update and FYI - we booked online and JetStar flies Mondays and Thursdays too ...well, those are the days we asked for and got! ( Leaving SIN Monday morning and departing SR Thursday morning). I checked and double-checked because I was aware of what you'd said in your post above - but it ( our booking for those days) was no mistake :-)

Kanazawa, Japan
Level Contributor
3,920 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flight to SR from Singapore

Maybe double check again. Their schedule through next spring shows flights Tuesday, Thursday, Friday. When I did a booking request for Monday - Thursday combo in December, I got flights to come up, but they were for the day before and day after...by default, it gives you the flights on the next closest day. I could not find any flights on a Monday or Thursday SIN - REP - SIN.

Kanazawa, Japan
Level Contributor
3,920 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flight to SR from Singapore

So in short, your return on Thursday is fine it seems...new schedule T, TH, Su flights. No Monday flight though. My mistake in the previoius message saying no flights on Thursday...

U.S.A. ( the land...
Level Contributor
4,163 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Flight to SR from Singapore

Fish2 - I made a mistake in my post, too ( too much travel planning :-)); it's Sunday - Thursday, not Monday. :-). Glad that's all sorted out, hehehe.

U.S.A. ( the land...
Level Contributor
4,163 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Flight to SR from Singapore

And my apologies :-(

10. Re: Flight to SR from Singapore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:22 am, September 10, 2009