We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SR in December?

Which Siem Reap hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Berks
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Topic
SR in December?

Hi guys, planning a trip for end-November/early December and looking for your advice etc.

Is it easy to fly from either HCMC or Hanoi to Siem Reap?

What's the weather like in early December?

We were thinking of 3 nights in the Hotel de La Paix. Is three nights enough in SR to see the key temples and experience markets etc in SR?

Appreciate any thoughts you may have.

Cheers, Moses67

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
98 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SR in December?

You can fly between SR and HCM or Hanoi with Vietnam airlines for i think around £150. A far more cheaper option is to travel by bus to HCM for around $20.

The weather is very warm but sometimes can be a little muggy, plenty of sunshine tho.

In my opinion, which would probably be echoed by a few other people on here, 3 nights is not long enough to really get to know the real SR, but yes I would say 3 nights is enough time to sample the key temples and markets.

AM.

Berks
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: SR in December?

Thanks Andy - much appreciated.

If I had my way (i.e. plenty of money and time), I'd be spending far longer in Cambodia :-(

Cheers, Moses67

Oklahoma city, OK
Level Contributor
91 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SR in December?

December is a great time to visit...have been twice myself in this timeframe. Will be fairly busy, but with a little thought you can avoid hordes.

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
123 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SR in December?

All things considered (crowds, weather, activities, etc.) what is the most ideal time to visit Siem Reap?

Oklahoma city, OK
Level Contributor
91 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: SR in December?

Early in the dry season...November, December. Somewhat cooler, less muck, you get the full effect of the moats and water retention facilities before they dry out. Especially around Angkor the effect of the water is quite significant.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: SR in December?

Hi Moses,

I and my wife has planned a trip from Malaysai to SR this december 3rd. Will be there for 6 days. Maybe we can keep in touch to update each other

7. Re: SR in December?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:21 am, September 06, 2009