We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Banteay Srei return - how long?

Xiamen, China
Level Contributor
2,051 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Banteay Srei return - how long?

Thanks for all your advise, so we are going to Cambodia next Monday although not quite ready!

I managed to get hold of Kim Soyar at yahoo but he was quite occupied, recomend his broher Sony on day 1 (don't know how many brother he has, hehe.....) and we accepted it.

We have 3 days around 48 hours in Siem Reap, wonder if we should go for a quite visit to Banteay Srei on Day 3 morning, heard that it is 16km from Siem Reap, doesn't sound too far but how long does it take to get there with the SR traffic. I want to get back to hotel before lunch but my husband is a photo maniac....

Birmingham, uk
Level Contributor
883 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Banteay Srei return - how long?

Depends whether you are going by tuk tuk or car.

car is obviously quicker, but from my memory, takes about 30 mins - hard to say as we kept stopping to take pictures en route!

As with your other days at the temples, get up early, and head straight out there. and you should be back by lunch, and before the heat gets too bad - there's very little cover there.

beautiful tho! alot of the more intricate work is behind a roped off area tho

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
519 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Banteay Srei return - how long?

I seem to remember about 30 mins. Don't worry about traffic on the roads outside SR, there's very little and certainly no traffic jams.

Brit in Asia
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Banteay Srei return - how long?

Banteay Srei is around 35km from Siem Reap and it is about a 40 minute drive by taxi.

A tuk tuk will at least one hour but more like 1hour 15 minutes.

The traffic is not that bad but the road to Banteay Srei is not in great condition.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
71 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Banteay Srei return - how long?

We really enjoyed our trip to Banteay Srei as it gives you and opportunity to see some of the countryside outside Siem Reap and you pass through several small villages which are relatively prosperous (didn't realize it at the time as we hadn't travelled much in other parts of Cambodia). Also has a clean public washroom, courtesy of some foreign donation! We ate lunch with our driver at one of the open air restaurants across from the site, with our guide , and it was good.

Hampshire UK
Level Contributor
85 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Banteay Srei return - how long?

How was your trip?

Like you, we tried to book Soryar for a few days and he offered his "brother" Sony instead. Any feed back? How is his english?

6. Re: Banteay Srei return - how long?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 pm, August 26, 2009